Pituitary gland issues vs Fibro/same symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tracii, Aug 1, 2006.

1. tracii

tracii New Member

Hey Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any problems with their pituitary gland?

Also, does anyone know if any pituitary gland issues can mimmick Fibro?

Endocrinologist thinks I might have something wrong with my pit. gland (I've been tested a gazillion times for thyroid) & I'm SO hoping I may have gotten misdiagnosed with Fibro & have something that is more easily treatable.

ANY info will be very greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone is hanging in there! Thats about all I'm doing!

Rant of the day: Everyone assuming I "have all day" to get things done & expecting me to get things they ask me to do to get done when they want it done.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

there are a few on here that also have Pituitary tumors.

My doc's thought I had a PT but I didnt just had symtoms of one
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Its part of what makes us sick. What they do know for sure about FM is that is is a muscle and soft tissue rheumatism. If it hits in you in any part of your muscle it will also affect the glands, they are smooth muscular organs. Its why we get varied symptoms all over our body's, and not just muscle pain and fatigue, which is all they ever publicize about FM/CFS. But we know the symptoms are myriad and migrate all over body from one week, even one day to the next.

jeanne
  4. tracii

tracii New Member

No MRI, yet. Dr. is sending me for some bloodwork that I have to fast for & do in the morning. This I've never had to do before ~ anyone know why I have to fast & have the blood taken in the morning?

Also, what symptoms should I be looking for for endocrine/pituitary gland problems?

I do have a problem with swelling (hands, feet, knees, etc.) (which from what I've read, is not a symptom of Fibro). Anyone know what that could be a symptom of?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!