pituitary macroadenoma + cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wangotango, Jun 13, 2005.

1. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i forgot to mention, before i was dxs with cfs i had very bad bouts of cluster headaches ! asked my doctor to do an mri of my head and they found a pituitary macroadenoma that is in the back of the sellica (the bony structure that protects the pit) so it could not be operated on. i went ot 4 different doctors and got 4 different views on the tumor and my fatigue !
    i do know my prolactin level's were above 400 pretty high 4 a 42 yr old male, and i had all kinds of weird horomone things happening as well. plus that's when i came down with mono and the cfs started.
    so i have one more pituitary scan next month and if its not grown or shrunk i can rest about that problem.
    very confussing stuff ! be well all
  2. darude

darude New Member

With a pituitary adenoma and small white matter foci. mine is 7mm and are now trying to figure our what to do. did you also have the foci? I started fms/cfs with terrible headaches. Let me know some more info if you have it. Mine is central just touching optic chiasm.
  3. darude

darude New Member

I have bumped my post on this
  4. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

There's been a lot of talk on here lately about this. When I was first having health problems, I thought maybe this was my problem, but no one has ever checked my hormone levels--I specifically asked two doctors and both of them said it wasn't necessary. :shrug:

Early in my illness, I did experience absolutely horrible headaches. I almost went to the ER one day because I was in so much pain. But, when the semester ended, so did my headaches. I figure it was tension headaches, but I don't know.

Nicle
  5. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

I just bumped a thread for you that I started on a similar topic: http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=561293&B=FM
  6. darude

darude New Member

get the info on mine tomorrow
  7. darude

darude New Member

8. darude

darude New Member

See this was bumped again. I am wondering about Wantotango. How are your doing?