Pityriasis and it may be mispelled!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Nov 25, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

ok so here I go again, something new this weekend AGAIN! I look in this mirror and have these red spots on my abdomen. They don't itch , noone sees them but me and to top it off, this is the fifth time I've had em!!My dermatogist told me today that she has only known of one other person in her 33 yr practice to have it more than once LOL>>> ya'll ever had this??????????? She also told me that this "disease/syndrome/whatever" is an immune reaction to most likely a virus that was detected by my immune system and acted on therefore causing no illness. Interesting..... just thought someone out there may need this info one day LOL>>>>> << thanks for listening ya'll, you are the only people in the world that TRULY understand>>
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

ok so here I go again, something new this weekend AGAIN! I look in this mirror and have these red spots on my abdomen. They don't itch , noone sees them but me and to top it off, this is the fifth time I've had em!!My dermatogist told me today that she has only known of one other person in her 33 yr practice to have it more than once LOL>>> ya'll ever had this??????????? She also told me that this "disease/syndrome/whatever" is an immune reaction to most likely a virus that was detected by my immune system and acted on therefore causing no illness. Interesting..... just thought someone out there may need this info one day LOL>>>>> << thanks for listening ya'll, you are the only people in the world that TRULY understand>>
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats so weird to me....I had a odd rash(I posted about it a couple months back-you could bring it up if ya want)The same thing!!All over my stomach,some on my back a couple on my upper leg.I went to one dr that was clueless...did'nt know hat it was.DUH! I'll take a license to practice too!!Then after 2 weeks of more popping up here&there I went to the ER.Thats where they gave it a name of pityriasis.(I have FM)That dr gave me a steroid pk...but I did'nt take it.I had read on the internet that it would go away on its own in about 6 weeks.I think I had it about 4 weeks??It left as mysteriously as it had come~
    These DD keep us on our toes!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Put 'rash' in the 'Search Messages', there are a couple of threads on this.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. twjen

twjen New Member

hi, Interesting. Pityriasis rosacea is the first thing I got spring of 2001 before getting really sick with many fm symptoms. Mine did itch severly and looked like chicken pox, it lasted about 12 weeks, spread all over my body, and was very visible to everyone I showed it to. After this is when I started low grade fevers and fatigue and it went on from there to joint pain, etc. I dont know if there was any corrilation, but that it where it seemed to start for me.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!! Im interested to see who else if any have had this pityriasis before or during getting FM.
    So many things are beggining to tye into this and maybe it will help DR's to figure it out a little better I hope.
    I hope there is a DR or many out there who read these posts in interest of helping us, wouldnt that be great!!
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

The only thing on my belly is stretch marks!!!!

Jaci