Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, May 14, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Forgive me if I posted this before - fibrofog has the best of me lately.

I was wondering what percentage of the day you are, on average, in pajamas. I am fortunate enough to work at home, therefore, my percentage may be higher than others. I would say at least 95%, as I rarely leave the house.

JEANSKI New Member

I am always in pj's when I am home. I work 40 hours a week and the rest of the time is in pj's..even sometimes when i run to the store on the weekend...yes! i AM one of those people!! LOL
  3. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

I don't work either. I don't have pjs. What I do is put on some athletic shorts, you know like running(ha like I do that) or work out shorts, and a tshirt. That's what I wear all day and sleep in. Just as comfortable but the bus driver doesn't look at me like I'm nuts when I get Madison on and off the bus!
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm also fortunate enough to be able to work from home. After eating breakfast and reading the paper, I usually head for my office and work for an hour or so, then get washed and dressed. I've never been one to lounge around all day in my PJs. I just feel better when I am dressed up for the day!
  5. satchya

satchya New Member

I spend a LOT of the day in p.j.'s, enough so that dh and I coined the phrase "loungerie" for pajamas that I think are cute and sexy, but that I can feel comfortable wearing in front of the kids or out to the mailbox to check the mail. hehe

I am out of my clothes and into my p.j.s the second I am home for the day and sure I'm not going out again. Even if it's 9 in the morning. I hate days when I know I have to go out again after dinner because then I have to be in "normal clothes" all day.

I buy a lot of stuff from Pink at Victoria's Secret. Mostly leggings or sweats or "boyfriend" pants, and swing tops, sleep shirts, flannel shirts, cotton dresses to wear over the leggings, etc. I bought myself one of their "maxi-dress" nightgowns yesterday and wore it from 2:00 p.m. until morning. My kids and husband thought it was adorable, and it was super soft and comfy and plenty modest (I wear a matching stretchy leisure bra under everything, that helps with modesty).

OMG, I love jammies!! Thanks for bringing this up. Maybe those who didn't know it was "legal" to change into jammies before 8 p.m. will try it now! ;)

6. spacee

spacee Member

I do so wish it would 'catch on' more here :)

When my kids were home, I had these criteria for buying clothes:

1. VERY soft knit cause my skin hurts and knit doesn't wrinkle.
    2. A nap could be taken in it and jump up and run the kids to "practice".
    3. And it had to be warm enough to withstand a doctors office. (The kids had tons of them with asthma, allergy, acne, braces and nose and jaw surgeries..64 office visits one year. I thought they would never leave home..snicker. Now I want them back...but living next door!)

Since last year it is either a flannel robe, matching pants and a white cami. OR yoga pants and a tee shirt and cotton sweater. And one extremely comfortable sports bra IF necessary.

I live in Florida...yes, I dress like that.

7. Empower

Empower New Member

Sometims till 12:00

Other times I do what someone else mentioned - sleep in running shorts and t shirt so that when I wake up, I not in pj's till 12:00

8. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I'm almost always at home and the entire time I wear knit "lounger" dresses that are soft and comfy - no bra. Even shorts bother me at the waist and legs.
    I hate to have to get dressed and if I do, the clothes come off the second I'm in the house.
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I wear them wearever I can....including the grocery store:) I never wear any pants with a zipper and I usually buy comfortable stretchy pants a size bigger so they are extra lose.

I don't do buttons either:)

I wear sports bras that are too big as well.....never anything tight!

10. lynncats

lynncats New Member

where about in Florida are you? I'm in Fla. also, in the Brandon area. Been here my whole life, I'm one of the few Floridians left, LOL.

Take care

11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I wear them a lot, but for me, pjs are either flannel bottoms (which a lot of people wear as pants these days) or cotton men's boxer shorts (that look like regular shorts) along with a tank top, t-shirt and/or sweatshirt, depending on the weather.....if i go somewhere in them, I add a bra first......the only times I absolutely do not wear them are when I go to church or Bible study....or when I am exercising....otherwise I sometimes go for several days wearing nothing but pjs, esp if I am really crashing
  12. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I wear them in the cold months during the day then like now that the weather is getting way too hot for me, I wear loose shorts and tops.

I for one cannot stand having tight clothes against me, it smothers me.

So yes... in a sense... I too wear *pj's* as much as I can.
  13. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I don't really own pj's but yoga pants and an "Ultimate T" shirt from Target (those are so soft) are my go-to clothes when my skin is hurting real bad.
  14. spacee

spacee Member

I live in Lake Wales about a 50 minutes from you. Do you know a good endocrinologist, by chance??

15. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Wow, we are practically neighbors. I have a brother that works in the Lake Wales area, at MOSAIC. Unfortunately, I do not know of a good endocrinologist. I'll keep my ears open, and if I hear of one I'll let you know. Have you mentioned this to your PC dr? Maybe they could refer you to one. Take care and hoping you are having a good day!!

16. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Hope it's okay if I jump in here. I see you live in the Brandon area. I used to live in Tampa and had friends in Brandon. I'm in TN now but would give anything to be back in FL. I love it there. We stayed in Fort Pierce for a few months and liked it there also. My husband and all four of my kids were born at Tampa Gen. Hosp. I lived there till I was 30. Enjoy your beautiful weather! I want to go HOME. If I wasn't so sick and had lots of $$$ we'd move back in a heartbeat. GB66
  17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Put me in for close to 95% and I don't work! I just live in my jammies.

Lucky for me, I sew my own so they fit well, are long enough for me and are really cute too!

I also make them for my sick friends and family and they've been worn all over the world. A few pairs have been stolen as well. People wear them everywhere and all get good compliments on them.

A few years ago, hubby was mailing a pair to my niece with Crohn's disease for Christmas but doing the box at work. A few guys pulled out their wallets trying to get some for their wives for the holidays.

[This Message was Edited on 05/17/2009]
  18. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Wow, it sure is a small world. I actually grew up down the street from the big Nativity Church. Do you remember the church? It was on Hwy. 60. Maybe someday you'll make it back HOME. Sorry you are so sick, hopefully, you are having a good day today!!!!! The whole FM thing is NOOOOOOOO fun.

Take care!!

19. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I don't remember that church. I lived in the area near the Westshore Plaza shopping center. Close to Beach Park. Do you know where that is? Went to Plant. GB66
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2009]
  20. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I've know of the area, but never travel that way. I went to Brandon High.

Good talking to you!!