Places on body they feel numb or vibrating sensation??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Nov 6, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Does anyone else have places on your body that either feel totally numb or kinda feel like they are vibrating? Today I have a large area on my midback which is usally an area of pain but today its just numb. Also my left groin/ pubic area feels like a vibration sensation. Weird!Ive had this in the past and it left just as freaky as it come on.I tought maybe a trapped nerve or something, but dont know. Just wondering about anyone else? This kind of stuff just drives me nuts! God Bless each of you.
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Vibrating sensations are suspisions of Lyme disease, but if nanie catches your post i'm sure she'll give you information :) I have M.E., but only Lyme has caused the vibrating sensations. MS could also cause this but I don't want to scare you... MRIs are in order regardless!

God bless you too :)
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Vibrating sensations and numbness can be symptoms of a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Something had to cause your illness and this bacterial spirochette is a good possibility.

Many people with CFS/FMS later found out the cause of their illness was borrelia burgdorferi.

Here is a great paper by a lyme expert....look at the symptom list on p 9-11......and the coinfection symptom info on p 22-27........

Lyme should be diagnosed clinically, based on history and symptoms.....not through a lab test.

Many people with lyme have only ever had NEGATIVE lyme tests. The tests are poor and lyme should NEVER be ruled out by just a negative test....although 99% of Dr's mistakenly do this all the time, leaving people to suffer forever.

There is a great medical questions board on if you are interested in going there.

There is a lyme board here too, it's just not very active.

Here are some other sites with good info.....
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2009]
  4. simpsons

simpsons Member

yes i get this also like teh vibrating of a mobile phone can happen all over is odd i know but only when don.t get enough rest perhaps where nerves get inflamed. if i'm not in control of symptoms and lack of sleep overdoing it brings it on and chemicals around me seems to be related

5. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

Sometimes on my forearm, and sometimes on a leg muscle, but most commonly in the ribs - just a spot that twitches really fast and then its gone, might come back a few times... and sometimes it gets stuck and keeps going until I stretch it out or put direct pressure on it.

Normally not painfull, but the long ones in the ribs can be crippling.

Other/Similar - I had a real problem swallowing this morning, just a sip of OJ and it was like it went down the wrong tube but there was no coughing it out or anything like that, the OJ just "stuck" in my throat. It was only a little scary in terms of not breathing, but it hurt a lot, just like a muscle cramp, but in my throat. I never did cough, even when it was over, I just gradually was able to let it run down my throat. What was that? Another Lyme symptom of cramping? Or did I just swallow wrong?
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I have a sister who has been vegetarian for many many years. She told me the other day that she has been getting numb spots that come and go on legs, back, mouth, teeth, really strange.

Vegetarians are notorious for being deficient in B12. I did a little research and found that B12 deficiency can cause neuropathy - nerve damage, including numbness, tingling, etc. I strongly urged her to immediately start taking B12, which she did - she's taking both a liquid and sublingual lozenge. Within about a week the numbness stopped and has not recurred. She's continuing with the B12 for awhile, though.

Of course she she should go to the doctor, but she has catastrophic only health insurance which will only kick in after she spends several thousand dollars, whcih she doesn't have. Anyways, the B12 seems to be doing the trick.

So even you take a multivitamin with B12 in it, it's not enough.

Something you might want to look into - also, people w/ CFS are notorious for being deficient in B12 - I do three 5,000 mcg. shots of B12 a week, plus daily B12 lozenges.

7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Lyme can definitely cause trouble swallowing.

It is called the New Great Imitator because it can cause ALS symptoms and many others.