Placing a face to a name

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisjhn, Jan 8, 2003.

1. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I just added my pic to my profile. Got a new digital camcorder for Christmas so I'm having fun with it. Took me awhile to figure out how to add a picture. Now that I know how, I'll probably change it in awhile to a better one, but for the mean time this is me.

~LISA
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What a lovely young lady you are! Is that a suntan, or do you have that beautiful complexion? My granddaughter looks like the coppertone baby naturally too, needs very little makeup, that very lucky gal.

Will be looking forward to seeing more pictures of you.

By the way Mikie (Moderator) also flys planes, seems you and her have some common ground. Me? I love watching them fly over my head, but would not dream of flying!

Shalom, Shirl

3. jolly

jolly New Member

Read your profile where you asked for any advice on stuff that works. I've gotten rid of most of my pain by getting rid of the trigger points. Clair Davies' book "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" saved me. It's only $18 delivered to your door from amazon and you can do it at home yourself. It does take a lot of gumption because it can be painful, but the few days of pain in an area eliminates it and you don't hurt there any more. It took me 4 months of mashing these points to get to the point I'm at now - no pain except for bad dentures and that's about to drive me crazy. Ready to go to Mexico for a cheap set that doesn't hurt. In the meanwhile they caused unbelievable muscular problems in my face. But that's another story. Get this book. You will love it. Jo Ellen
  4. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I didn't know Mikie flies too! Mikie if you're there, were you lucky enough to keep your medical or did you have to give it up too? Flying small planes makes you feel so free and like you've just climbed to the top of a mountain or are on top of the world, there's nothing like it.

Karen~ weird that you think I have a twin. When I was 12 I met this girl camping in the Northwest by the San Juans and my parents thought she was me. They couldn't believe the resemblence, my mother actually had to think back to see if she did have twins or was it just me that popped out! Then over the years I've had 5 people tell me I have a twin on the East coast somewhere. Interesting.....

Jo Ellen~ thanks for the advice but I don't think trigger point injections or that thing you described would work for me. I have a more all over flu-like body pain, and the knots in my back and shoulders I can deal with. Don't get that kind of pain as much anyway. From what I hear trigger point injections are about as painful!

I've been meaning to redo my bio, I wrote it when I first came aboard, kinda desperate and negative sounding huh.

Oh and by the way, not my natural complexion, I tan. Makes me feel better. I don't look nearly as sick that way. I'll take a picture of me on a sick day just to give you guys a good laugh!

Thanks all, ~LISA
  5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

You are very pretty!

Apply for SSD benefits if you haven't all ready. It's a long drawn out process.

There's a great new article by attorney Scott Davis (i used him for my case)at fm aware dot org

Read it if you get a chance!
    love, Blondie
  6. jolly

jolly New Member

No I wasn't talking about trigger point injections. I'd never do that. They say they're too hard to hit and it's a temporary fix. What I was talking about is rubbing the trigger points out yourself - whole different method. Jo Ellen