planta facia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cch01, Mar 29, 2006.

1. cch01

cch01 New Member

I have planta facia. Any suggestions for shoes that will help relieve pain? My feet are killing me !!!!
    Thanks
  2. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

I am currently going through this painfull ordeal for the second time in a few years.

You just need to find shoes with good arch supports. I wear New Balance tennis shoes all the time, not to fasionable at all though!!

I have been wearing my hubby's walking boot for it this time so I can at least get around. It has been 5 months now and I think it is finally improving.

I wish you all the best and a quick healing.
    Teresa

3. spmary

spmary New Member

I was in the middle of an answer to your post and it just disappeared. Any way, my answer to the pain is ice. Try a large drink bottle with water,frozen, and just sit with it under the arch of your feet. Also, the tendon needs to be stretched. Pull your toes back towards your shinns. There's an excerise on the stairs or a large book: balance your foot on the ball of your foot on edge of that stair and lower and raise the heel. These things really help. Also well fitting walking shoes. Good luck
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have Plantar Fasciitis and it is awful. I work on my feet for 8 hours each day so believe me I know how much it hurts.

I do two things that help. I wear Dr. Scholl's inserts for arch and heel support. They are the ones that look like half of an insert.

I soak my feet in the hottest water I can tolerate with Epsom salts and vinegar. It sounds weird but it helps take out the soreness. It's an old waitress trick.

Good luck,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2006]