Plaquinel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thelionrose, Aug 15, 2006.

1. thelionrose

thelionrose New Member

Does anyone take Placquinil (sp)? It is a drug used to treat lupus skin rash and hair loss. Has it helped anyone? Has anyone had any complications?
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I take 200 mg twice a day for Rheumatoid. I have been taking it for about 3 years and yes it has made a difference in life.

You have to have your eyes checked every six months but other than that, I have no other side effects.

I have a Lupus like rash on my neck but tested negative for lupus. But they said if I did have lupus, I am already taking the treatment.

I hope you find somthing to help you- Carla
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Unfortunately I had bad experiences with it (probably because I was misdiagnosed to begin with, but that's a whole different story).

My immune system went down the drain, I got very ill from it, to put it short- it was like a major CFS flare lasting from the day I started it til the day I quit taking it.

Everybody is different, and it was not for me, it works for others. The doc who once prescribed it did it on his misdiagnosis RA. I now know I don't have it, that might be why I got so sick.

Better luck to you!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been on Placquenil for 10 years. I have never had any side effects from it at all.

I am very attentive about getting my vision exams yearly. So far, there has never been a problem. I have not experienced any hair loss from the med either.

I have some hair loss, but it's from scalp psorosis.

My docs have told me that, out of the 23+ meds that I am on, that this one is one of the safest!!

Hugs,
    Janet