PLEASE! Any Suggestions For A UTI? Natural If Possible

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Sep 2, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Iwould appreciate any knowledge you all have to spare!

We have been in the moving process for several weeks and finally, are moved in. Kinda!

My body is tired, tired, tired. Of course, I am now coming down with a bladder infection.

Short of seeing my doctor, any suggestions of something I can do at home that works rather quickly?

I have been drinking tons of water. I cannot drink cranberry juice. It doesn't agree with my system. I do have the caplets that I will start on.

If you know of something that has worked for you, please share!

Thanks my friends!

Kim
  2. jess

jess New Member

I have been using d mannose. It's a type of sugar. Not common table sugar. anyhow, it really works and is very safe for long term. I take a maintenance dose of one to two times a day. I don't know if I can mention the brand I use but you can google it. Make sure it is only mannose and not added things to it. Hope it helps. Jess
  3. Notonline

Notonline New Member

LOL : )...I was googling natural rememdies last time and tried it since I like asparagus anyway and had a few cans in the cupboard...

Recommended was to eat a whole 12 ounce can and drink the juice every day until symptoms subside...but I just ate my fill and also took a goldenseal supp in the evening....

...cleared up in 2 days.

Asparagus will make your urine sometimes smell nasty...but it is a natural diuretic.

Take care,
    Danny

4. earn

earn New Member

I was told by my doctor one time -that females should
    always shower instead of sitting in tub.

This is if you have the infections frequently. I like the tub--and have no prob--but this may help someone.

Laverne
  5. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

You might want to do a search on D-Mannose. I know several doctors are recommending it (you don't need a prescription - you can find it at health food stores and some drug stores). Here's a little blurb about it from Dr. Mercola's site.

Jan

UTI usually occurs when bacteria enter the opening of your urethra and multiply in your urinary tract. If you experience frequent urges to urinate and a painful, burning sensation during urination, it's likely that you have developed a urinary tract infection.

Over 80% of UTIs occur when E. coli enters the urethral opening from the skin around the anus and genitals. This is not the same deadly E. coli mutant associated with unsanitary food processing. It's the normal E. coli found as part of the normal microflora in every intestinal tract.

But even normal E. coli don't belong in the bladder and urinary tract -- where they will multiply and become an undesirable infection.

If you are a woman, you are more susceptible to UTI because your urethral opening is near the source of bacteria (e.g., anus, vagina) and your urethra is shorter, providing bacteria easier access to the bladder. Also, if you use a diaphragm, and condoms with spermicidal foam, your risk for the growth of E. coli in the vagina is even higher.

Men are not as prone to UTI's as women, but infections in men are still common -- and usually more severe. The prostate gland in men produces secretions that retard the growth of bacteria and a healthy prostate is one of the best defenses against UTI's in men.

Microorganisms called Chlamydia and Mycoplasma may also cause UTIs in both men and women, but these infections tend to remain limited to the urethra and reproductive system. Unlike E. coli, Chlamydia and Mycoplasma may be sexually transmitted, and infections require treatment of both partners.

Even Infants can develop UTI when bacteria from soiled diapers enter the urethra. And E. coli can enter the urethral opening when young girls do not wipe from front to back after a bowel movement.

In fact, in all the many years that I have been practicing clinical medicine, it is my observation that one of the most frequent causes of these infections are less than careful hygiene after one develops loose stools or diarrhea.

A naturally-occurring sugar, D-Mannose is absorbed eight times slower than glucose, and is not converted to glycogen or stored in the liver. It goes directly to the blood stream from the upper GI tract, so it's mostly filtered through the kidneys and routed to the bladder.

The bladder lining is comprised of polysaccharide molecules. Finger-like projections on the surface of E. coli bacteria adhere to molecules in the bladder, initiating an infection. The reason E. Coli bacteria present such a persistent problem is that their physio-chemical makeup enables them to stick like glue to the inner walls of the urinary tract and bladder.

D-Mannose is so remarkable that its chemical structure causes it to adhere to E. Coli bacteria even more stubbornly than E.coli sticks to human cells.

Thus, the E. coli preferentially attach to D-Mannose molecules forming a compound that is expelled with urine. It's amazingly effective and many D-Mannose studies confirm this.

According to the studies, D-Mannose works about 80-90% of the time; that is likely because the bacteria disabled by mannose causes 80-90% of UTI's. When mannose is taken the body redirects it to the urine, where it will start to show concentrations in the urine within 30 minutes. Once it is passed into the urine it goes to work immediately.

The concentration of bacteria present will determine how long it takes to clear it out. Some mannose users are reporting that their symptoms are substantially better in 24 hours - 48 hours and totally cleared in 3 days.

6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for all of the info and suggestions. When our printer is set up, I will be printing them off.

I am very interested in the, mind went blank, new remedy suggested. Also, I do have asparagus in a can. Will try that tonight. I have echineca, somewhere! Haven't unpacked yet!

Yes, I do agree showers work best for me. Unless I am hurting badly, I stick to showering.

Thank you all for your generous answers!

Kim
  7. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Kim, you might also try Ambrotose from Mannatech, and also colloidal silver, a natural antibiotic. I use colloidal silver for everything and use it for my pets, too.

You can take it sublingually under the tongue, gargle with it if you have a sore throat, put it in your ears for an earache.

Sbilek