Please be careful with your meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

In light of the results of the autopsy on Anna Nicole Smith, we all need to be careful with our meds.

They said the biggest culprit with her seemed to be chloral hydrate (sleep med)

Granted, she was taking a LOT of prescription meds, but the combo is probably what killed her.

I always double check with the pharmacist when prescribed a new med to make sure that it doesn't intefere with the other drugs that I am taking.

I think the pharmacists are better at this than the doctors, so it is always good to double check

2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I wonder what the name brand of the sleep med is. I am on all of the medications they listed, plus some. Scary isn't it?
    Kellyann
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I double check every med for interactions before I take them.. I found great things.. like you can't take the drug they give me for migraines (dang fog.. can't think of the name!) if you have raynauds.. how did that get past my doc!! He gave me an injection of the stuff in his office!

I worry about this with my hubby too.. He is on so many meds yet pops supplements like there skittles thinking they are over the counter so they are ok..

Methadone.. this one is coming up alot for accidental overdose..

Thanks for posting.. We do need to use caution!

Hugs!
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I have taken this med and it is very potent and the effect is not nice. I discontinued it.

I take too many sleep meds myself and am trying to very slowly wean down with the help of my doctor.

I think it is important to follow the doctor's advice and not take more because you feel you need it without his/her consent.

It is extremely difficult to wean off these things and/or not have them work anymore because you have become so tolerant (like me).

Also definitely check for interactions.

Love Bunchy x