Please be nice everyone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Sep 22, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have posted a few times here and felt like I was being criticized or that I sounded like an idiot, I am not quite over the fact that I cannot find the cause of this or the cure, I was SURE I WOULD.

Ha.

Now I am working on acceptance after being convinced about 500 times that I had finally stumbled upon the cause or cure. I have had this since May 18.

I guess my point is that we all are struggling to find the answers for ourself, we are here to help each other and receive support & knowledge. It seems like there has been a lot of finger pointing lately and quite possibly we are all just a little overyly sensitive. My husband and I both tend to take everything so seriously and we have to remind ourselves and each other that no one meant harm, none of us do here either, please let's stop being so offended & defensive, it is not good for any of us.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have posted a few times here and felt like I was being criticized or that I sounded like an idiot, I am not quite over the fact that I cannot find the cause of this or the cure, I was SURE I WOULD.

Ha.

Now I am working on acceptance after being convinced about 500 times that I had finally stumbled upon the cause or cure. I have had this since May 18.

I guess my point is that we all are struggling to find the answers for ourself, we are here to help each other and receive support & knowledge. It seems like there has been a lot of finger pointing lately and quite possibly we are all just a little overyly sensitive. My husband and I both tend to take everything so seriously and we have to remind ourselves and each other that no one meant harm, none of us do here either, please let's stop being so offended & defensive, it is not good for any of us.

Jaci
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

is that we are all ill. Some of us are feeling better than others, but none of us is 100%. When we are not feeling well we often misunderstand comments and even suggestions that are meant to help. We also may accidentally use the wrong words due to our foggy brains. So we all need to let things go and not let them get to us. Easier said than done sometimes, but the best advice I can give.

Barbara
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

i think we all have thought we found the answers a lot and were disappointed. this disease is such a puzzle. and sometimes we come across as grouchy when we aren't feeling well. nobody means to though. cindi
  5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I hope that I have not offended anyone! I apologize if I have! You are right we all are just trying to cope and get better. I have had a few answers myself that made me feel kinda stupid, but I think we are all a little sensitive and may step over the boundary every now and then. I love being a part of this board family and love each and everyone of you dearly!
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I just meant that it does happen that we can sometimes get "put in our place" and we need to not take it personally & lash out, it is not intended to hurt, we just maybe take it more seroiusly than we should.
    That is all. It just bothers me when I see people going back and forth to "get even". It does not matter who is "right", we all are just sharing our opinion on what we feel, what works for us, etc. No offense should be taken.
    This board has been incredibly helpful to me, I am on here all the time, it just is not a place to vent anger at each other, we all need each other.

Jaci
  7. mellow

mellow New Member

Jaci,

Everyone on this board is looking for an answer. We can all be a little sensitive at times but we are here to help each other with information. Don't take anything personally as we all have bad days and foggy minds. Also, its good to remember to be able to laugh at yourself and others. None of us are perfect but one day someone may stumble across something significant. Keep posting and enjoy the communication with others who understand your pain.

Good-luck
    Mellow
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I did not make myself clear, what I was saying was not that I was offended, I was not, I saw that a lot of people were going back & forth with somewhat insulting comments, I did not have a problem, just was reading back thru the posts today & saw a lot of discontent with others, that is all.

Jaci
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

I've been very sick myself these last 12 months. Worse than I have ever been before.
    I just post here now when I have a specific problem, or question that I want answered. Or if I see a post that I think that I might be of help to answer.
    This place has always been a wealth of information to me & some wonderful members have helped me no end.
    When I am really sick I am rather prone to 'getting over emotional' or 'taking what others say the wrong way', so it's easier for me to keep it zipped nowadays LOL
    **Gentle Hugs to everyone**

Lease
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If someone wants to notify a moderator regarding rudeness, you can e-mail me at techsupport@prohealthinc.com or Shirl at ShirlShalom@AOL.com. Sometimes there is a litte of the back-and-fourth stuff which happens from time to time. Most of us realize that we are all sick and cut each other a little slack. However, when someone becomes blatently rude, a moderator will step in and issue a warning. If the behavior does not change, that person is banned from using the boards.

Shirl and I cannot read each and every post. My advice is to ignore posts which upset you unless you believe these posts are in danger of causing trouble on the board or unless they are blatently rude.

Love, Mikie
  11. ladydi

ladydi New Member

JACI,

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I DO APPRECIATE THE ENERGY YOU
    PUT INTO THIS BOARD.

ENOUGH SAID.
    WARM WISHES
    LADYDI

12. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I'ds like to take this chance to apologize to anyone who may have thought that I come off sounding like a "know it all".
    I have had FMS for 17 yrs., done extensive research on every aspect of it, helped the Arthritis Foundation re-write the patient booklet, which used to be SO inaccurate, ran a support group for 10 yrs., and ran a call-in line for four yrs. So, I know an awful lot, but I am not perfect by any means. I try really hard to say things in a way that doesn't make it seem like I'm acting superior, but I know, that at least in my face-to-face life, people regard me that way. I can see it in their faces.
    So, if anyone has misunderstood my intentions in any of my posts, please know it wasn't meant to put you down, but to help. Paz,
    Klutzo