Please be with me tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sheried, Nov 9, 2003.

1. sheried

sheried New Member

in thoughts and prayers.

I have my deposition for the wreck I was in in June 2002.

I am hoping we can get this settled. Not only to rid me of the stress, but the money would help since I was just denied disability. We could not only stay on top of the bills, but my 10 year old son will have a XMAS. This means so much to me as I know the years of innocence are just around the corner.

I know the real meaning of the day, and so does Trey, but he is still just a little boy!

Love, Sherie
  2. Waldene

Waldene New Member

Dear Sherie,

I'm praying for you. I have a friend who has been through a deposition and the only thing I can say is be careful. The other side will try to use anything you say the wrong way. They act very nice and caring but they aren't. Say as little as possible and weigh your words carefully. May God be with you.

In Christ,
    Waldene
  3. kim840

kim840 New Member

Don't mean to sound "preachy". I am a retired legal assistant and have dealt with many a deposition.

If you have an attorney he will prepare you before hand and object to anything he doesn't like during the deposition.

If you don't have one, just answer the question without embellishing. In this case the fewer words the better. Don't try to explain yourself as we usually do in a conversation.

You know what happened that day. Stand strong in the fact that God honors our obedience and honesty.

I suggest answering the questions as though you were giving account to Him. He'll bless you.

Nevertheless, the unknown is a bit frightening to all of us.

You'll be in my prayers. Please let us know how it went.

Love in Christ and gentle hugs,

Marcia

4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Good luck with your deposition. I hope it all goes well for you. Sending prayers up for you tonite. Please let us know how it goes.

Sandyz
  5. sheried

sheried New Member

Marcia, I was a paralegal years ago, so I, too, dealt with them. But this was my first time on the other side of the table. My attorney and my hubby were there, but still it was nerve wracking.

When FM was brought up (because of my list of symptoms and meds) the attorney wanted to go one by one. I finally said "Let me explain something, all of these symptoms are related to FM." He shut up about it and moved on. Otherwise, with a list that long we coulld have been there all day.

My attorney and hubby said they were holding their breath when I started that sentence. But, attorney said I did good. For whatever that is worth.

Needless to say, we didn't settle. I'm a little bummed about that.

Again, thank you all for being such a wonderful support system.

Love, Sherie
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Sherie,

I will be praying that God bless you and your family and that problem gets resolved soon. Keep the faith.

In Jesus name,amen.

Danny
  7. sheried

sheried New Member

I don't know what I would do if I had not found this wonderful support group. All of you are so great.

Love, Sherie
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sherie, that all goes well,

God bless.

Shalom, Shirl