Please continue to pray for chronic pain

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Aug 18, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I am feeling very sad lately due to the pain (neck, back, spine, ribs and flu like symtomes) I have been so weak that it is hard to go to the store.

the pain has gotten worse, I need pain meds to get out of bed now.
    I hate having my son and husband see me this way.
    If I continue on this path, I do not want to bring them down with me. I may leave.

They don't know who I am anymore, neither do I.

I'm afraid of this. I could live another 60 years (maybe not with my immune system getting beat up with pain)
    But my father told me that maybe there will be a cure soon.

I'm okay, its just my spirit is a little dry.
    I'm still serving the Lord.

I just need a little repite, a break from the pain from time to time so I can be there for my family and friends.
    I'm always feeling guiltly, like I'm letting everyone down.

I will share a praise report soon, I promise.

luv lisa
  2. grge

grge New Member

I am praying that God will lift your spirits and give you pain relief. He answers prayers so hang in there until your relief comes
    georgia
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2004]
  3. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I am experiencing exactly the same, I really feel for you, the daily struggle is getting so hard to carry on with.

Don't leave your husband & son out, I am sure although they must hate knowing you are in so much pain, & not being able to help is also a nightmare for them, but not having you there at all must be worse surely?

I too feel I don't know who I am any more, maybe we both just need to remind ourselves that God does, in His eyes we are precious irregardless of wht is happening.

Hang in there. My prayers are added to the others going up for you from this forum.
    Linda.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I know the feeling. I get so overwhelmed with all of this too and think I can`t keep doing this. But I really do think we will have a cure soon and we sure deserve it.

Sending prayers for better days ahead for all of us.

Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2004]
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Your prayers have helped so much, I am feeling a little stronger, Yesterday I spent the day in prayer and tried to stay close to the Lord.

I feel so tired, all I want to do is lay down.
    this is boring and so unrewarding. I like to feel like I have acomplished a lot in a day or even a little.

I'm going to rest again today so I can get to the store, I have to buy my son a birthday cake, its his birthday today but we going to celebrate it on saturday, he will be 14.

I asking the Lord to give me the strength to help make my son's birthday a special day.

Dixie, Christian counceling is so expensive, I did go to some (non christian) counceling with my husband when he was out of work, our insurance paid for it.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support, it means a lot
    God Bless
    lisa
  6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Dixie,
    I really don't have a great relationship with the pastor or my church.

But, my husband likes this church, sometimes we do visit other churches but my son has fellowship and friends with my church.
    I did have a really great counceler, her name was Eunise, but she became very busy in her minsitrie.
    But I know that the Lord can do anything, including working out details.
    I really appreciate your prayers, God Bless

Sarah,
    I am on the gauifensin, I take 300mgs every morning and don't think about it, I am not blocking at all, I am very careful.
    somethimes I want to stop taking it, but I have already put over six months into it.

When I first started with Gaui, I started with 300mg 2 x daily. so 600mg for the day. But it made me so sick, I couldn't breath.
    I couldn't get out of bed. so I'm thinking that the 300mgs is probably all I can handle.
    I have been in this terrible flare for over two months now. maybe longer, its so draining.

There has been a lot of stress for me this me this year, I think its just catching up to me.

Thank you Sarah
    God Bless
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Is this a supplement that can be taking with Gauifenesin?

anyway I only get depressed when I have a wicked lot of pain without breaks.

Also the doctor said I need to take zoloft to increase the serotonin, (sorry about the spelling)..

maybe I should increase the Gaui? or decrease. running out of ideas here, lol

I'm in pain right now, but not so sad today. I'm feeling better sprirituly, hopeful..

all the prayer's from the board has pulled me out of that feeling of despair that I was feeling.

The Lord is my refuge in times of trouble.
    psa;m 9'9

God Bless sarah,
    have a great day
    luv lisa