please could you pray for me?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sarah, Jul 20, 2002.

1. sarah

sarah New Member

I'm feeling so isolated. I live alone and I can't join in very much. Nothing I try is getting off the ground. I've been studying on a music correspondence course - I would like to earn money through writing music. I've already written some successfully but I need the course now to help me to learn the business, but I can't concentrate most of the time, so it gets depressing and frustrating not being able to get on with my life. I don't want to make a meal of what I'm sure you all know about. The hardest part for me is being so isolated. Everyone's getting on with their lives except for me even though I am trying so hard. I can't get hardly any support. I don't want to sound childish saying this but I feel so left out by my family and friends. I hardly ever see anyone. I sometimes wonder if I've done anything but I can't think of anything too bad. I'm also worried that my tutors won't allow me to carry on with my course as I've hardly done any work. I'm writing them a letter, but I'm scared it's too late and they won't understand. It's been very hard for a very long time, and I don't want to go insane! Although some things are getting better, like finding a course, and the support from people here, I seem to be getting more marginalised however hard I try.
    Continuing to pray for you.
    love Sarah.
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

i will pray that family and friends will be more involed in your life,and that soon you will be feeling well enough to be able to concentrat better just rembemer we are all here for you and god is always at your side
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

What a great goal you have of studying and writing music!
    Keep trusting the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Don't give up your dream and God must have given you the talent of music and you can use it to His glory. He will provide a way for you to get through it.

Feeling isolated and left out is very common with those of us who have FMS and CFS. There is such a lack of understanding among those who have never had it.
    The more you keep involved in the things you love, even if it takes longer, the better in the long run you will feel.
    Make sure your tutor knows of your health condition and hopefully they will take that into consideration and you can do it at your own pace.

I will pray for you, Sarah concerning this! Take one day at a time and don't worry what others think. I admire you for trying. With God's help you will get there!

Love,
    Harmony
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Last year I had to drop my Sound Engeering class and boy was I depressed. I talked to the Instructor and he agreed with me that if I couldn't read the book and remeember what I read, I wouldn't get a very good grade in the class and also, I wouldn't get to go to the next step towards being a Sound Tech. and having my own Recording Studio in my home.

I will Pray for you, and ask God to help you just as He helped me get through these tough situations.

I'm probably older than you, ;o)
    but I do think that the Fibro Fog, plays a big part in our ability to remember. Not just age.

God Bless You and may He give you the help and answers that you need.
    He's so Wonderful,

God Bless You,
    kredca4/sharon
  5. sarah

sarah New Member

Thank you so much for your interesting replies and for praying for me. I'm feeling more optimistic today. One of my friends was very supportive today after a 'quiet' patch. She seems to be understanding more and more.
    God bless you.
    Sarah.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will continue to pray for you. You just keep believing that the Lord is going to help you. Do not be afraid, just trust the Lord in all you do.

He loves you and wants you to be happy. Many of us feel the way you do, its the illness we have.

It makes us want to isolate ourselves, because we have so much trouble socializing, so much effort to dress, etc. Its easier for us to just be alone. But we do have to make an effort to over come these feelings. Its not easy, but you can do it.

I have had this illness for 20 years, I have died a thousand deaths worrying about what was wrong with me.

But I always came back to knowing that the Lord had a plan and a purpose for my life. He is always with me, and He will never forsake me.

He will always be with you and He will not forsake you either.

I will continue to pray for you, I wish you were here, I would give you a gentle hug, like I do my daughter.

God bless, and you just keep trusting Him.

We are here for you too.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. allhart

allhart New Member

just to let you know your stll in my prayers and please do not give up on your education because knowledge power.
  8. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

You will be in my prayers.Remember you are not alone,
    you have all of us and the lord will guide you and carry you thruogh all this.
    To me family is a must i have to be close to them.
    We are a small family and we dont speak or visit everyday but just knowing they are there . I can get help if needed. is comfort.
    I will pray for you and dont give up on your dreams.
    Lots of hugs.

God Bless you.
    Marilyn
  9. sarah

sarah New Member

Your prayers and kind thoughts are very much appreciated. I'm hopeful that I can make headway with these things. I will keep praying.
    love Sarah.
  10. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I will give you a hint. First off I spent 30 years as a paid musician...live to studio; classical to jazz. I think I am about through the grief process and thankful for the wonderful experiences and what a glorious feeling playing that instrument/voice instead of it playing you; that was the highlight of my life as a musician.

If you live in Texas, by now you know it isn't that difficult to get into certain aspects of the business and if so, try to let me know (?). Since we can't share email's now, my email is a Beatles tune, one word, fairly long and about writing too. _101@msn.com and you have me! Will pray for you. CactusLil'
  11. sarah

sarah New Member

Thanks for praying for me and for replying. Your musical career sounds interesting. I live in Kent, England. Is it Paperback writer, the Beatles tune you were talking about?
    love Sarah.
  12. FAITH

FAITH New Member

Sarah,
    I will certainly keep you in my prayers. The LORD is our comforter. Check out Psalm 23..you know, "The LORD is my shepherd"... I used to associate that with funerals, but through the power of the Holy Spirit, now realize it's all about what He does for us. How closely and lovingly a shepard watches over his sheep. Do you have a Bible? Have you prayed the "salvation prayer"? It's a life-changing experience.

Hugs & prayers,
    "Faith"
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2002]
  13. sarah

sarah New Member

for your support and prayers. What happened to you after you said the Salvation Prayer? I will look at Psalm 23.
    love Sarah.
  14. FAITH

FAITH New Member

Have you prayed it Sarah? I can shorten my answer depending on yours. We'll "chat" tomorrow. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." ~Numbers6:24-26

Hugs & Prayers,
    Faith

[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2002]
  15. sarah

sarah New Member

Was Psalm 23 the prayer? If so, then I did say it.
    love Sarah.
  16. FAITH

FAITH New Member

Sarah,
    I don't know if anyone has ever explained this prayer to you. To have the forgiveness of God, the assurance of heaven, and Jesus as your own personal Savior and Lord, pray sincerely the following prayer as you repent of your sins and trust Jesus and Him only to save you. (it's right out of the Bible,Sarah. Check out Rom.3:23/Luke13:3/John3:16/1Corinthians15:3/Rom.10:9.....
    This will be your step of FAITH.
    SALVATION PRAYER
    Dear Jesus, I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and that You arose from the grave. I now ask you to
    forgive me of my sins and to save my soul. Amen

I'll check back in with you later....~Faith~