Please describe your fibro pain,, I'm getting worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lynikins, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Lynikins

Lynikins Member

I've really appreciated this board, it has really helped me in the past. It has been a long time it has been a while since I've been here, I've been struggling with my fibro getting worse. I have much less endurance, tired but have trouble sleeping,,too tired to work, but can't sleep. Can't concentrate to read alot of time. Memory problems.

I've always had chronic migraines, pain severe at times in the back of head, scalp on top of head feels on fire and tight (painful) ...

Last night I ached and burned so bad in my lower back, from my shoulder down my arms hands, all my legs,,, mostly on the outside part,,, esp. where the tender points were.. when I hurt so bad, I'm usually exhasted.

The one thing I'm most concerned about is my feet,,,I have type 2 diabetes,,, but everyday my feet hurt so bad,,, esp. my toe area.. sometimes I get a numbing pain underneath where my toe meets foot and I look underneath to see if I have something stuck between the toes, cause of the sensation. wow if my whole foot had that numb block feeling I wouldnt be able to walk on them,,, it is not foot alseep feeling it is a different kind of feeling. hard to explain, I'm just wondering if it is nerve damage from diabetes or damage from fibro, and if it is ,, is it permanent? Please help......

thanks
    Lynn
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i have chronic myofascail pain and this sounds a lot like what i go through. when my feet started to hurt the dr had me stand up and put my leg out and up as high as i could i then discovered it was not coming from my feet it was from my lower back try it and see. i think you will know if you have cmp then. charlene
  3. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I have a friend that has diabetes and she has the same thing. How is your sugar? Do you manage it ok? She does not and hasnt for a long time. Not to say this about you but if she wants cake she takes more medicine and eats it!! You cant tell her any different.
    She cant feel her feet she has it so bad. The doctors told her the feeling will not come back.
    I do not have diabetes and my second toe sometimes feels like its asleep, numb then it burns. I just about cant stand it. My doctor just told me its the fibro. You should talk to your doctor and not take any chances. I always double check with the doctor.
    Let us know... Hope you feel better...
    Melinda
  4. jacqualyn

jacqualyn New Member

Hi Lynn,

I too suffer every day of my life from this illness. I'm not sure about whether it could be the diabetes or FM. I had problems with my feet especially the heels. They hurt so bad I could barely walk. They also burned. I have heard about diabetes causing problems with other peoples feet. My foot problem comes and goes, which is most likely FM. But FM can cause nerve damage because I had surgery on my hand an elbow due to nerve damage which I believe was most likely due to the FM but I'm not sure. What does your doctor think? As far as the sleeping thing goes, I hate it. I am so tired most of the time, but can't really seem to get any sleep especially at night. Sometimes I can fall asleep, but can't stay asleep. Other times I can't fall asleep at all. There are times I just lay there all night. I watch TV alot in the middle of the night. During the day I can't stay awake. About 2 in the afternoon, I feel so exhausted I have to lay down. Last night I fell asleep, but woke up 1 am and was up most of the night and I hurt bad when I woke up. My head and neck were aching and burning. My hands were so stiff I could hardly move them. I have also suffered from migraines for the last 10 years. Two years ago I saw a neuro doctor. He suggested Botox shots. By God, it worked. Of course it didn't work forever, but I didn't have any migraines for about a year. I thought that was great. I had the migraines that would last for weeks, so I was thrilled. The only thing is, the treatment is very expensive and if you have insurance it has to be approved by the insurance company. Maybe you should look into that for the migraines. Do you live in a humid climate? I have noticed that every time the humidity is high, I hurt real bad. I also have a problem with the cold weather. I don't go out very much in the winter. Only if I have to. My muscles tense up so bad I can barely move. Even in the summer I always carry a sweater or jacket just in case it cools down when I am out somewhere. Especially in the grocery stores. They keep it so cold in there I just want to leave because I can't stand the cold. I suggest you talk to the doctor that treats you for the diabetes about the foot problem because I think that could be related. Take care of yourself.

Jackie
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have the same problems and mine hurts worse when I lie down to sleep.

I would really think aboout talking to my dr about it.

Hope you get some relief,

Pamela