Please explain a flair

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mum6, Jun 22, 2003.

1. mum6

mum6 New Member

Hi,
    I guess I still am not understanding a flair. I have pain 6 days out of seven and the seventh it's in the background. Some days are worse but there always seems to be somwhere that hurts at some level. Can anyone explain? Thanks
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

a flair in my world is a intensity in the pain and fatigue. We live with pain 24/7 as you mentioned. But, there are times that the pain is more severe and does not let up. The fatigue is very intense. Most days I can function and go about my daily activities. During a flair, which can last for weeks or months most are bedridden or housebound. Just getting out of bed is a chore. Hope those flairs are far and few in your world.
    Judy
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Like Judy said, most of us do hurt all the time to some degree. I know I do. Something always hurts, but daily stretching usually helps with that. I think that's just part of life for us. For me, a flare is something very specific (mine is my hip, usually) that draws intense pain, more than I can bare. If I'm lucky, the flare is only for one day. Normally, it lasts a lot longer, up to 2-3 weeks. I can barely walk during that time. I'm not sure, though, if my hip pain is the FM or the DDD.

Debbie