Please give me the strength

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by queenbee69, Oct 22, 2002.

1. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro, about 10 mths ago....since then I have had a growing problem with my back. I had a CT scan of my spine done 3 weeks ago and got the results yesterday. I have many bulging discs, narrowing of the spine and bone spurs. They are considering surgery. I have to see either a neuro-surgeon or an orthopedic-surgeon. I'm scared to death! I also have other medical problems which will make surgery risky. I am looking for the strength from all of you people here on the boards. Great things happen in numbers. I'll keep you posted as to my fate. Thanks for listening......queenbee69
  2. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro, about 10 mths ago....since then I have had a growing problem with my back. I had a CT scan of my spine done 3 weeks ago and got the results yesterday. I have many bulging discs, narrowing of the spine and bone spurs. They are considering surgery. I have to see either a neuro-surgeon or an orthopedic-surgeon. I'm scared to death! I also have other medical problems which will make surgery risky. I am looking for the strength from all of you people here on the boards. Great things happen in numbers. I'll keep you posted as to my fate. Thanks for listening......queenbee69
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I do not know what to say to comfort you except..I will say a prayer for you. You are so right when you say there is help in numbers.

Be well..
  4. DebraP

DebraP New Member

Hi QueenBee69...

You probably have...but I have to ask....have you tried non-surgical alternatives? I use chiropractic extensively and have had relief from back pain. Granted, it's not as involved as what you're describing. But, chiro is worth looking into, esp. if you can avoid back surgery! Blessings! Debra
  5. marinemom

marinemom New Member

with Debra. I also use chiropractic methods to help. I'm one of the lucky ones where I also get a deep tissue massage and heat packs BEFORE he does his adjustments. It's wonderful. I have to remember to drink a TON of water when I get home to flush out the toxins released, but it's worth it.

I'm too scared of surgery! Of course, until this DD, if I got a paper cut, I would have to take an Advil and go to bed for an hour. Pain tolerance wasn't my strongest suit! My, how things change! =(

Good luck to you
    Kathy
  6. DebP

DebP New Member

Hey Jean,
    Its me Deb, how are you? Not so hot from the sounds of it.
    I just wanted you to know im praying for you and I hope you will succeed with any challenges you are faced with, you have my email address, write me anytime you just need someone to let it all out on OK im here for YOU!!!

Love and Hugs,
    DebP
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you can find an alternative to the surgery, but if now, I pray the surgery is successful.

Love, Mikie
  8. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

I want to thank everyone for responding so quickly to my post. It feels good to know that people are there to vent too! I am scared to death at what the out-come of all this will be, but will take it as it comes. Thank you again all.....I'll keep in touch....queenbee69
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

you are going through this!!! The doc.'s won't do anything that will jeopardize your life. They are so knowledgeable with all the technology these days. Just pray about it. I will pray for your too. I too will be having surgery in Dec. to get my metal out and a tumor out of my foot. I'm scared of surgery too. I have malignant Hyperthermia..can't be put to sleep. I have fatal reactions to ether and ceratin types of anesthesia. It's scary so I know how you feel. Please just hang in there and write me any time. I can only have access to this site at work..i'm lucky to have a job when it's slow to be able to post and read stuff. I tried replying to your post a while back I don't know if you got it. I was at work when I did it. Anyway, hang in there and i'll be looking for your future posts!!! Hugs!!! Pamela