Please give me your thoughts about Rhemy's?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Aug 16, 2008.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I'm thinking of making an appt. with a Rhemy? Anyone have any luck? I went in 1981 without any luck. Have things changed?

2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It's going to depend on what kind of help you get from your regular doctor. If you're not getting any, then I don't think you have anything to lose from seeing another doctor who may have more experience or suggestions to give you.

BTW- people who say they don't want to go to a particular doctor because they don't want meds - you don't have to take anything anyone offers you.

A knowledgeable rheumy can be a lot of help - but you can't generalize with all of them. I happened to have good luck - with the one who diagnosed me and another who I see every 4 to 6 months.

If you've prequalified this doctor and asked the right questions before you waste either of each other's time, I think you may find it to be a great option.

3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have a few doctors. Included in them is a rheumy that I see every few months. This doc has been helpful and does a physical range of motion and strength test everytime I see him to make sure all is in order.

He leaves the prescriptions mostly to my regular PCP and only prescribes me one med, Skelaxin. He has never tried to get me to take more or to change anything my other doctor has prescribed me.

I think my rheumy is a good asset to my team. He is there when my PCP has questions, like when she was out of ideas of how to treat my stiffness and stuff like that.

If you can find a good one they can be a good asset.