Please give your knowledge about cymbalta, ambien,anx,neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Sep 10, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

Hi gals,

Cymbalta makes me sweat so much at night in my bed, i wake up stinky, sticky,freezing, & very wet, now i have more cysts in lets just say a crease, from sweatingi assume.

They;ll remove it tomorrow.Sebaciuos cyst i think.

It's either the ambien or cymb that gives me those vivid dreams, i never am happy after those nightmares, unless it's a romantic one with brad pitt...LOL.

Ambien is not working so great anymore, when i got mad & quit cymbalta, i freaked out on my family, and cried at days of our lives etc.I am backon it, it's not worth me being a freak show.

I am a person that usually says yes to anyone. Celexa worked for a short time, i refuse those trptytalines. This one walkin clinic Dr put me on ativan, with helped, also with sleep. But my Fam Dr is too skeptical of that, i wish she would, i know it helped in a few areas. I usually don't speak up at visits, i just say OKAY.

I'm thinking of going backon neurontin i was at a very high dose when a chiro talked me into quiting that.

oh gosh.. so much drama with all this right??

I would like to know if any of you have been down a simluar path as i have, or evennot. I believe everyone has experience, so please share.

Luv,
    saph
    I'm still a bit frustrated today
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What is the problem that you're trying to solve? What are your specific symptoms when you're not on the drugs? Are there any other drugs that you're taking that may be contributing to the problems you're trying to fix with this batch?
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

My knowledge of these two meds ..... is that I take them both, they both help my fibro pain, and I have never had any side effects from either.

Well, I forgot .... I did have one with the Cymbalta. When I was increased from 30 mg to 60 mg, the 60 mg made me too sleepy all day. I can't stand to sit around half-asleep all day!

The way I solved that problem was to have my doc prescribe it in 30 mg capsules, with instructions to take one 30 mg capsule in the AM and the other one in the PM. Problem solved!! Cymbalta does not make me sleepy any longer!!

I love both these meds!! I also take Zanaflex at bedtime.

Janet
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have experience with Cymbalta and Neurontin.

I am currently on Cymbalta and I take 30 mg in the A.m. / 30 mg in the p.m. It works great for me and I had minimal side effects. Just a slight headache the first week. It conjucntion with my Norco and Soma, it has cut my pain by over 50%.

Neurontin made me hallucinate on the smallest dose, so I went off of it. I have no idea if it wouldve helped my pain. My father was on Neurontin...the maximum dosage, it didnt help him enough. His doctors told him that it can make your teeth rot out of your head. No thanks! Have you tried Lyrica? Ive heard it is better. But alot of people do have success with Neurontin.

As far as the vivid dreams go, I have heard that some people get them from Cymbalta...I didnt. But ive heard Ambien is the major culprit in weird/vivid dreams. This is only what Ive heard...I have no experience with Ambien.

I have also been on alot of meds that have caused weird side effects or didnt work. It really is frustrating to keep switching meds around. I too have gone to the highest dose on a med...Xanax, and had to be detoxed off of it.

Hope you find the right combination of meds soon!!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  5. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

SAPH
    IM NOT A GAL BUT, IVE BEEN ON AMBIEN FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS WHICH IS PROBABLY TO LONG BUT I CANT SLEEP WITHOUT IT. I WAS VERY DEPPRESSED EARLY ON WITH MY ILLNESS THINKING I WAS A DEAD DUCK SO THE CYMBALTIA WAS A BLESSING- GOD BLESS FOY
  6. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

HEy girl!

I was on Ambien years ago. It was personally trouble for me. I had trouble waking on the lowest of doses and I stayed groggy for hours each morning. After trying for over 4 months, I decided it wasn't for me. I had strange dreams....scary even....

I was on the neurotin for over a year. My doctor uppped the doses each vistit. I got to a very high dose (though not near the max) and I was still not satisfied with its abilitity for me. I took the neurotin with Ultrcet/Ultratram.

I felt groggy and sort of numb. No highs...no lows....no cares...no worries....no real happinesss...just numb. I didn't like that feeling. I found out from my family later THEY really didn't like it. I was angry, frustrated, and ugly apparently, though much of that I am sure was from being in SO much chronic pain.

The Cymbalta is my choice of pain med now. I have been on it since November. I have experienced the terrible sweats on it too, though they are getting better (even in Texas heat). I take Lunesta for sleep, Celebrex for the joint pain, and Flexeril for the muscle spasms (and the cal./zinc. mag vitaimin).

I have other issues, and other meds as well...but this is the combo working for me. I went from sleeping or resting 20 hours a day to a normal, healthy life where I can work again and enjoy my kids and life. I had the too tired to bathe or brush my teeth tired....I get it...trust me.

I am doing well now. Different things work for different people....you might find a different combo for you. Research and ask questions just as you are, making informed decisions. That is the best way.

I wish you love, hugs, and health.

Jenni...in Texas

7. hopeless42

hopeless42 New Member

I am also on Cymbalta and newly on Wellbutrin XL. And the longer I am on these the more I am sweating. It is insane. I just start dripping out of nowhere from doing little of nothing. I cannot determine if it is the Cymbalta or the Wellbutrin. Also Cymbalta gives me those brain surges when I am late taking one or if I miss one. I don't like those either.
  8. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

hi, exact;y what are brain surges,

I've accidently missed a dose here a there too.. & i can now tell i shouldn't miss it.

thanks
  9. hopeless42

hopeless42 New Member

Ok maybe not brain surges but it is like electrical impulses and feeling funny for no reason. I know that it is cymbalta because it has done it since then. I would like to stop this and maybe try something else I think.