PLEASE HELP Annoying EAR BUZZING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ninas, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Ninas

Ninas New Member

PLEASE HELP!!!! Annoying EAR BUZZING !!!!!!

I started having this constant “ear buzzing” since last November, I went to see the doctor (nose and ears dc) and he send me for a brain and ears M.R.I, thanks God everything is fine in my brains and ears, ……his diagnosis was “TINITUS” (constant ear buzzing FOREVER!!!!!!!!! I also visited a neurologist and he gave the same answer. They both said at my 47 years I am not supposed to have this…but I got it!!
    Some times “the noise inside my head” gets very low, some others that noise is very very loud that I even get nausea from that.
    Do to my FM I take Prozac every they, the doctor told me that was going to relief the noise but it did not happened , the Prozac only helped me a lot to get out of being depress.
    Since FM is full of “unwanted” surprises, like discovering new pains in new areas as time goes by,….. PLEASE I like to know if this ear buzzing is related to FM. ????
    Any one with this horrible symptom??? If you do, ¿ is there anything (medicine, remedy…..something) to cure it?????
    Thank you for the future and expected answers !!!!!
    Love and Light
    Nina
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Nina:
    Mine is like hearing a high frequency sound, not exactly a buzz. Like you, next month I am going for an MRI. It's always something, isn't it? Whether it is FM related, I do not know, but will ask the doctor.

nyrofan
  3. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

I had the ear buzzing but also vertigo and went to ENT and found out I had Meniere's Disease...a disorder of the middle ear and the cause is unknown. Do you have the vertigo or sick feeling at anytime? Mine started with the buzzing then went to high pitch ringing then the vertigo started one morning and I thought for sure that I was having a stroke or something...went to ER and they had a ENT check me out and he told me about Meniere's and I went home all doped up and went to see another ENT and they ran all the test and I was diagnosed with Meniere's. I was put on steroids for about a month but had to go off of them...made me crazy and I cried all the time but, I haven't had anymore ringing or buzzing or vertigo for over a year (knock on wood) and I hope I never do. You can find out more about Meniere's by putting it in your search line and there are a lot of good sites to learn more. I hope this is not what you have but I thought I would mention it because that is how mine started. Take care and good luck.

Lillyrose
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i read on a site like fibrohugs they reckon titnitus is common for us fm ppl.

mine is all the time but gets louder as my blood pressure rises! its when i know i gotta calm down :)
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have had this all my life....remember listening to it as a little kid. I guess I just don't hear it because it has always been there. I'm listening now, but usually I don't notice unless there is a change.

Sometimes one ear will clear, and it will only be ringing/buzzing whatever in the other, and that is weird. I just call it my very own life music.

I know this probably sounds (no pun intended!) strange, but it's true. My dad had the same thing.

Sue
  6. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

Hi Nina,

My ears started ringing and buzzing (which is called tinnitus) about 30 years ago. That coincided with my swollen lymph glands. Tinnitus is just one of the symtoms of FM and CFS and other TH1 disorders.

I am on the Marshall Protocol. If you read the symptoms of other people on the Marshall Protocol website many have tinnitus even thought their disease may have a different name (chronic lyme, sarcoidosis, etc).

It drove me crazy in the beginning but I got used to it. What else can you do. Nothing doctors gave me helped. I just learned how to ignore it.

I am hoping that my tinnitus will resolve on the Marshall Protocol. Sometimes it is very quiet now and sometimes it gets louder especially when I take a fresh does of Marshall Protocol antibiotcs. The object of the Marshall Protocol is to get rid of the nasty cell wall deficient bacteria that is causing our disease.

Check out the Marshall Protocol website. In my opinion it is your best bet to get rid of your FM and all the crummy symptoms that come with it.

Take care
    Judy
  7. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have had tinnitius for a long time.(it's like:high frequency sound).It is so loud that I have a hard time hearing people talk sometimes and even my TV has to be louder.I also talk louder too.
    No Drs. will address this,noone cares.
    Mine could be from a combination of acouple things....I used to listen to alot of loud rock and roll(concerts,etc.)but I never noticed any ringing/buzzing until I started taking Vicodin.I still say it is from all that useless acetaminophen that is in Vicodin.(I take 1500 mgs. of that acte. each day) I am tryign to get my drs. to cut the acet. and raise the narcotic level.Even with 3 Vicodin a day(since 1997?) I am still in apin 24/7.Not just FM,but DDD and OA.
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Got really worse two years ago!.Was told there was nothing they could do.Just live with it.I have hearing loss in both ears,needed hearing aids forever.But they cost too much!.
    Now with the ringing or loud roaring,makes it even harder to hear.Especially in crowds.The buzzing or ringing gets louder.
    Good luck with yours!!
    Jordane