PLEASE HELP Has anyone used Xyrem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Figsquare, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Figsquare

Figsquare New Member

I'm new to Pro Health and have a question. I was prescribed Xyrem about 3 weeks ago, after I take my 1st dose of the evening I'm almost to the point of being unconscious and sleep very soundly for 3 hrs. At the 4 hr mark I take the 2nd dose and only sleep for about 2 hours. My doctor increased my dose last week and it isn't going any better. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

figsquare, yes! Several have reported success with it. Do a search (up underneath the purple tabs on the left) on it. Type in Xyrem and you'll pull up many posts.

Good luck with it.

Marta
  3. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Hi figsquare!

I just saw your post. It was buried pretty far back so I must have missed it earlier.

If you click on my "username" in the left column and go to my posts with Xyrem in the subject line, they will tell you everything about my experience with it.

Good Luck,

- julie (is free!)

I believe in
    pretty women
    a little kid's smile
    and worn out denim
    the way Waylon used to
    tear up a country song.. - Radney Foster
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Julie has given us her Dr.'s name; how did you get yours figsquare?

I went to the manufacturer's web, and couldn't find a list.

Thanks for guidance.

LIGHT***********carole
  5. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I just started mine. The only thing I can say is its tastes salty and a I have really weird dreams.

DO you mix yours with anything other than water?

AS far as sleep......I will take the 2nd dose tonite as I

didn't want a crummy reaction to it. I had things to do to day.

Tonite....I hope I get my needed sleep.

6. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I never had ANY dreams while taking the Xyrem.

I was finally getting the deep sleep that I had been deprived of for so long that I would fall asleep and hours would pass - like NORMAL SLEEP - for the first time in a dozen years!

- julie (is free!)

Each little broken piece
    of what we thought was fine
    is laid out for
    all the world to see.. - Radney Foster
  7. Figsquare

Figsquare New Member

Thank you so much for answering my question about xyrem. I'm getting used to it and am excited to say, it works. Thanks again and I will have my husband keep trying to wake me up!
  8. Figsquare

Figsquare New Member

The xyrem works, it is salty!!I mix mine with gatorade, thats what my doctor told me to use.
  9. Figsquare

Figsquare New Member

what name? My doctor prescribed my xyrem. I get it from The Central Pharmacy. My doctor faxes the prescription to the pharmacy, they provide patient counseling and dispense and ship your xyrem.
  10. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

hey thanks.....gatoraide...never had it. if, it has sugar in it i cant have it. I have GERD.

sorta like my mother used to say to me as a kid. 'over the lips, over the gums, look out stomache here it comes."

BLAH.....salt....
  11. deliarose

deliarose New Member

wot is teh name of yr doc? and where are they?
    tnx
    Delia

[ advertisement ]