PLEASE HELP Hip Pain, Mouth Ulcer, etc...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Nov 14, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello!

I feel as though I am falling apart and just need to vent a little bit!

I have been told that I MUST lose 30 pounds by this summer due to my liver condition (NAFLD). And I'm finding it almost impossible to get "physical" with having FM.

I have cut back on portions and so far have lost a few pounds which is great, but not nearly enough. So I started trying to go for longer walks to lose more...I was up visiting my parents and we went on about an hour and a half walk, but by the first 1/2 an hour my right hip started hurting very badly. That was yesterday and today it is still in extreme pain...mainly on the front of my hip by my groin.

To top it off I have been having terrible tension headaches every other day and very bad canker sores about once a month in my mouth. Right now it even hurts to eat or talk.

How do I get in shape if FM keeps holding me back? How do I save my liver if I can't get ahold of this disease?

I have booked another appointment with a different Rheummy who just so happens to specialize in fibro, but there is a very very long waiting list and I wont get in until this summer (when I'm supposed to have lost the weight)....I just don't know what to do...what do I do when even a simple walk makes me feel like this?

Thanks for listening and I would welcome any advice...

Val
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Val:

Have you considered real basic yoga strectching believe it or not you will burn calories. The one I use is by Gaiam for bad backs with Rodney Yee you can get it online and it is so easy on the body. I have a bad back, and myofascial pain in the hip area so I need to go easy. Hope this helps,

Suz45
  3. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

Thanks for your reply to my post! I have always been interested in doing Yoga...do you use the "AM and PM Yoga for Beginners" DVD? Which one do you use?

What does the pain feel like in your hip? Is it only when you move your hip? I don't know if I have myofascial pain...or if I simply injured my hip.

Thanks again for the help!
    Val
  4. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough time right now too! It makes it so much more difficult to do the "school" thing when we are struggling with this on the daily.

People were looking at me like "what the heck is wrong with her?" today too...I'm hobbling around the school like I broke my leg! Oh well to heck with them, right? :)

I have done water aerobics in the past and have enjoyed it, but I'm at a point where I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit! haha! So I think I'm going to have to start with something in private (like yoga) and then maybe hit the pool once I have more confidence in my body. I heard its good for people with arthritis because it's low impact on the joints...

I drink lemon juice with my water, it gives it a nice little bit of flavour. I'm going to continue doing that and maybe try to make it a little bit stronger.

I'm also going to try to do this Wild Rose cleanse over the christmas holidays...hopefully that'll help me shed a few too! I've heard wonders about it...basically you take these suppliments and some laxitives and eat very healthy for 2 weeks. Then I will continue to eat healthy...with that and some low impact exercise hopefully I'll be good to go!

Take care...and good luck with school.

Val

5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Val,
    Please be careful about yoga. It isn't for everyone. Many people, even experienced yoga practitioners, have injured themselves to the pont where they had to give it up. Please find out the cause of our hip pain,and the condition of your spine, first.

Good luck,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]