Please Help I am desperate and need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeightonLAM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. LeightonLAM

LeightonLAM New Member

I am at the end of the worst day i can ever remember. Earlier today i caught a friend stealing my pain pills. i called the police and they didnt even come talk to me. they asked her if she took them and when she said no they said they didnt need to file a report. they never came to my home at all. i called again several hours later and was told to file a report in the morning. when i asked what was happening with my friend they said without proof they wont arrest her. my husband thinks i am over reacting but i am the one who just lost over 100 of my pain pills and cant get them back. i feel so abandoned.
  2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

It is difficult to be in pain and loose your pain pills however it is more painfull to find out that you have a freind that you trust that would do that to you knowing your situation. You have to ask yourself why are you so angry is it because you lost your pain pills as they can be replaced or is it because you no longer can trust a freind and she did this to you knowing that you need these in order to substain some sort of sanity in dealing with your pain. You need to ask yourself why your freind took them. Did she need them or does she have a drug problem and does she need help? All I can say is you can not let this stress you out too much as that will put you in more pain. I wish I can be of more help but, all I can say is that it may be time to leave that freind behind, replace the pain pills and keep the freinds around you that treat you well. L.D.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

First of all, this person is NOT your friend. Friends do not steal from friends. Period.

She is a drug addict and a thief.

Of course drug addicts will lie, cheat, and steal from anyone and everyone to get their next fix of pills, or whatever drug they are into.

I know because I have a sister-in-law who is a drug addict. She has stolen everything from her elderly parents' home to sell or pawn to get drug money.

I would go back to the police dept. and insist that they write up a report. Remind them that whey the "asked her" if she took them and she denied, that drug addicts do lie!! I would insist upon a police report being written up whether or not they arrested her.

Now, it is unfortunate that you will not have any pain meds until it is time for you to go back to your doctor. At that time, AND NO SOONER, would I inform you doc that they were stolen by a guest in your home, and that you learned the hard way to NEVER leave your pain meds out in the open again. They should ALWAYS be put out of site, and if anyone else in the family, or guests, have known "sticky fingers", I would put them in a locked box and you keep the key on you or put in a special hiding place where NOBODY else in your house, even your hubby, knows.

If you call your doc wanting more pills before it's time to get them, YOU will become a "suspicious" patient and be suspected of being a drug addict yourself.

Drug addicts are always calling docs early for pills because they lost them, someone stole them, they had to take extra ones, etc.

You will, unfortunately, have to manage your pain in the meantime with hot showers, heating pads, ice packs, 600 mg of ibuprofen (as often as the label says that you can take it), etc. Perhaps your hubby could provide some special massages to help reduce your pain!!! LOL

Don't be a victim anymore. Make a plan so this will never happen to your again!

Hugs,
    jlh

4. blkkat

blkkat New Member

if it was me ,it would be both. it's so hard keeping a friend, then to find out she took what she knows you (need). she needs help.

but you need to let her go. your health depends on you choosing how your going to deal with this. I'm so sorry what a sad day for you!

please get some rest, get a report so you can show it to your DR and keep a copy. the last thing you need is a red flag on your chart at the DRS saying your a abuser. and we know your not ! so please don't take that in the wrong way. get some sleep, Hun, & GOD BLESS--BLKKAT
  5. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

Did you catch her in the act? Then the police refused to search her at the time you reported it? That is a blatant disregard of your rights as a victom. I would get ahold of the internal affairs dept in that police station. I hope you got the names of the officers who came if not they should have that information at dispatch.
    If you had to wait a whole just to file a report; she had plenty of time to stash them or sell them.
    Shame on your so called friend!
    As for your husband who doesnt want to hear about it again; I would make his life a living hell till the end of the month when you can finally get your pain back under control. :) yes I got a little mean streak sometimes
    I have seen like 3 or 4 of these type posts in the last few days. What is this world coming to when you can just rip something off and the cops let you get away with it.
    I am so sorry for you. ))))))))))))HUGS(((((((((((((((
    TAM
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"LOCK UP YOUR MEDS PEOPLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so sad...but the truth is that if those of you who have recently had your meds stole go to your Dr more than likely the Dr will think "YOU" are a drug seeker!

I have had two ro three episodes where "PHARMACIES" have stole my pain meds! "YEP" I said pharmacies!

The last time it happened the pharmacy I was using would say they only had 1/2 of my vicoprofen.......so I would take the 1/2 they had.....I would go back a few days later...sometimes it would be a week before I could get back to get them.......

when I would go back they would run the remaining 1/2 of what was owed to me as a "REFILL"! So it took me almost three months to figure out what was happening...when I did I called my Dr and told them the entire story and guess what they did?

They told me that I had to get my scripts every two weeks instead of every month...that meant that I would have to pay two co pays instead of one....and my Dr's office made it clear that they thought it was "ME" and not the pharmacy!

Needless to say I "fired" not only the Dr but the pharmacy too......I haven't had another problem with my pain meds being stolen.......but that is pretty bad when the pharmacy steals your meds!

No one will believe you when you tell them a pharmacy has stole your meds they always assume it is us!

Iam sorry that you have had your meds stole.....but for those of you that have had your meds stole recently.....seriously LOCK THEM UP......don't leave them where anyone else can see them ....better yet get their hands on them!

Except "Ilovepink" she is going to bait, and catch her thief "YOU GO GIRL"!

I hope you get to the bottom of this !
    Hugs
    Doxy
  7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

If you caught her, why didn't you body slam her and get your meds back? Or why didn't you get your meds back if you caught her?

I have definitely had a pharmacy to steal pain meds from me. The daughter of the pharmacist that owned the pharmacy was a drug addict. I had a shouting match with one of the pharmacist in front of about 18 customers, about the theft...

I hope you get your pain meds back because as many have said, the onus is going to be on you if you have to ask your doc for more. What a shame...

Good luck in getting help,

Andy
  8. Engel

Engel New Member

I think she should be listed as "ex-friend". As for the cops I would call their superior and/or local news station. Most of them have a reporter that likes to follow such stories. AND LOCK THE MEDS UP.
  9. pat460

pat460 New Member

You've gotten some good advice here. File a police report by all means-that's a lot of meds! Your doc will need some proof so take him a copy. A report may even save your friends life someday-don't let her off the hook! She needs some help or better yet, a consequence. Hide your meds then spread it around that you don't take pain killers anymore. Tell everyone your doc put you on extra strength Motrin or something. True drug addicts or even people wanting to sell them for money will do anything, break in or knock you in the head. This ole world of ours is in bad shape.

I used to think my husband was crazy because people at work would ask what I took to relieve my pain and he would lie or make up a story. He always said to me "Honey, you can't trust ANYBODY when it comes to opiates. Do you realize how much those things go for on the street?". He also tells me to either go to the drive up pharmacy or be very aware of what's going on around me when I pick them up. If someone hears a pharmacy worker's comment or yours, they can follow you home. Now that I'm seeing all this stuff on the board, I know he's definitely right! Be careful and diligent everyone!

Pat
    P.S. Oh, and yes, always always count your meds when you get them-just like you would if you were cashing a check at the bank. Pharmacists can become drug addicts too.

10. momof471

momof471 New Member

follow through on this! First of all, this has totally messed you up to be short 100 pills, you have to explain what happened to the doc. Second of all, it would really tick me off, but worse, make me so sad to know that a friend of mine had done this. They need help and that involves stopping them from doing this again!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, I know its stressful and can make your pain levels go through the roof!

God Bless