Please Help! I woke up aching from head to toe...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Sep 23, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

This morning I woke up aching from head to toe...my skin aches, it feels like if anything (like clothes) brushes up against it it makes the pain 10 times worse. Not to mention pretty much everything else in my body hurts right now.

Has anyone felt like this? What did you do to feel better?

I haven't felt this bad before...I want to know if maybe I'm getting sick with something or is this Fibro (gettting worse)?

Thanks for the help!
    Val
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  2. snowdrops

snowdrops New Member

I wake up in the morning achy and stiff usually put mine down to overdoing things, but every-one is different. i find ibrufen and moving about unlocks the stiffness. what i try to do night times if not in any pain is change postions in the night and move and stretch my legs to prevent stiffness when not been over doing things. painkiller just before bed if you know you going to be in pain.. hope this helps.
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my skin is burning my back is aching, my arms are weak ,my face hurts, my jaw is killing me and my neck is stiff.i just keep on stretching rubbing and applying heat. good luck charlene
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

I, too, woke up feeling very achy and stiff. Just got out of a hot bath. I'm despondent because the last few days had been fairly okay. Now this. I'm sick and tired of CFIDS.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

helps w/that and sleeping as well..

jodie
  6. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I really appreciate all of your advice. I have been just trying to sleep so I don't have to be awake, but as you know that only lasts so long and then you get restless. So yah it's tv for me and maybe a hot shower.

I was lying here and thinking and I remember a little over a year ago I thought I had the flu (this was before my FM dx) because my whole body ached and my skin hurt, much like it does now. I had forgotten that I had even gone through this...but now I remember. And I just layed in bed for a couple of days.

Is this part of Fibro? My biggest problem is my skin hurting...like if anything brushes up against it, it's pure horror! But even lying here it is throbbing. Or is it something else?

I have another question for you all...when you are experiencing a Flare, what symptoms do you typically have? I always hear people talk about being in a flare, but I wonder is it different for everyone?

I'm not even sure I have had a flare (or maybe this is it?)... all I know is that for most of my life I have had pain off and on all the time. I haven't really noticed a pattern to even say it's a flare.

I'm sorry this post has ended up so long, but I guess I still have alot of unanswered questions about this disease. And would appreciate any info you all can give to me.

Thanks.
    Val
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  7. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

Thanks for your response to my post. If you don't mind me asking, what pain meds do you take? Have you had any negative side effects?

I would definitly like to start doing some aquasize, but at the moment I am in school and have no money to spend on a memebership at a pool. So I'm going to start walking more for exercise...it's so hard though some days.

Val
  8. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Well, it's day two and I am still aching in pain. I'm not sure how long I should go until I go see my family doctor for some good pain meds...what do you think?

Val
  9. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I not sure what it is. I also have not felt good the last two day. I even have a fever and hurt ever were . I wounder if the cold weather.
    Bless you and hope you get better soon
    Angel
  10. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hey,

Thank you! I hope you feel better soon too!

I have been taking some ibuprofen (too much of it)and it makes me feel better for alittle while. Atleast I get a little break from the pain and then I have to stuff myself full of them again!

Val