please help im bugging out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vnr27, Sep 21, 2003.

1. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

i keep going to cvs and checkung my ressure it was 127 0ver 84 last night 139 0ver 90 i always was normal i walk in there in panic mode tomorrow im going to my doc i have a hughhead cold im scared why the change in so nevous im panic mode please help i take my xanax
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My blood pressure often spikes if I am in a doctors office or having my Mom take it. When you're nervous about having it checked, it ups your BP even more. Try some deep slow breaths and exhale very slowly. Maybe this will help!

Hugs,

Kim
  3. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

i took it today it was 118 0ver 90 but i took xanax why am i getting so crazy over this im making myself nuts val
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I feel for you. You might try to put on some soothing music and lay down for a half hour. Or take deep breaths, filling your abdomen, hold for the count of 7, then breathe out all the air through your mouth. Do this 3 times. It releases endorphins in the brain and can slow down those panic attacks. Please take care.
  5. DMP

DMP New Member

I really wouldn't worry about the readings you are getting at CVS as they have a tendancy to be not very accurate. If you want to get an accurate reading you should try to take you pressure at the same time and under the same circumstances. For instance when you get up in the morning. Also there is a syndrom called white coat hypertension which occurs when people are in the doctor's office because they are anxious. Also your readings are not really that high, you are probably making them worse by worrying about it. Try to relax, I know easier said than done. If you are really worried most E.R.'s will check your blood pressure at no charge. DMP

[ advertisement ]