PLEASE HELP IM DIZZY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by canton2235, Jul 30, 2008.

1. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

EVERY DAY BRINGS ON NEW THINGS WITH FM. HOWEVER MOST THINGS I CAN LIVE WITH, BUT NOT THIS DIZZY FEELING THAT I HAVE. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO FOR THIS PLEASE HELP. THANKS
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Canton are you taking any meds that have a side effect to make you dizzy. I have been dizzy from the tramadol I take for my pain and then there have been other days that I have been dizzy for no reason except the FM.

I'm still fairly new to this so I don't have any answers either but hopefully someone else will.

Take care, Susan
  3. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi Canton,

Do you know if you have low blood pressure? Mine is low and I get dizzy sometimes and feel very spaced out.

Just a thought
  4. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Rule out all medical possibilities first by visiting your primary and a neurologist. If they find nothing, it may just be FM (this was my first 'official' FM complaint 20 years ago - and the dizziness is still with me).
  5. lsaxton65

lsaxton65 New Member

i have had dizziness too and it kept getting worse along with cognitive problems.

i finally went to a neurologist 2 days ago. I found out i had a blind spot in my left eye also.(i new i had problems with my vision, but didn't think anything of it). the neuro ordered EEG and MRI and blood work. hopefully i will find out something soon.

i always suspected something else was going on

you're right, it's hard tp put up with the dizziness. sorry i have not found out anything for this though

good luck

lisa
  6. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

IVE HAD VERTIGO/DIZZYNESS FOR 2 YEARS AND IT IS BAD.
    MINE SEEM TO BE CAUSED BY A VARIETY OF THINGS:
    WEATHER-READING-COMPUTER-SHOPPING

GIVE US MORE INFO

ALSO CHECK OUT VESTIBULAR DISORDERS GOD BLESS FOY
  7. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I was in a car accident and I became very dizzy and had balance problems afterwoods. It took a year for them to diagonoise me with mirgrane associtated vertigo. Basically in stead of getting a migrane it was manifesting itself with the dizzyness and balance problems. To fight it they have to treat it with premigrane medicine. Don't know if this is what you have but I thought I would put it out there as it is very difficult to diagonise. Bobby. Also check out if you are having any inter ear problems such as meneres diasease. And of course it could be FMS but not necessary. Bobby
  8. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

THANK YOU ALLL FOR YOUR ADVISE. THE ONLY MEDS THAT I TAKE IS TAMADOL AND I TAKE THAT AT NIGHT TO HELP ME SLEEP. IT WILL TAKE AWAY THE PAIN ENOUGH TO SLEEP AT LEAST. I WILL CALL MY DOC AND TELL HIM WHAT IS GOING ON. I HATE TO DO THAT ONLY BECAUSE THEY JUST TELL ME ITS THE FM. AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
  9. MsE

MsE New Member

The cause of my dizziness, which was extreme, was a crystal of something or other that had formed in my ear and got into a position that threw my balance all to heck. A physical therapist found the problem. I get rid of this periodic dizziness by doing the Epley Maneuver. Check it out on your search engine. If a bit of something (calcium or such) in your inner ear is causing the problem, the Eplley Maneuver should help.
  10. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

So I take Meclezine when I get that way. You can get it at the pharmacy without a prescription.
  11. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

THANKS I THINK ILL PICK SOME UP AFTER WORK. IT IS STRANGE HOW DIZZY I WILL GET. IF I STAND TO LONG I ALMOST FALL OVER BECAUSE OF IT. I ALWAY STAND WHERE THERE IS A WALL OR SHELF OR SOMETHING TO HOLD ONTO. IF IM SITTING IT JUST MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. MY EYES MOVE THEN THE ROOM MOVES. LIKE IN SLOW MOTION. MY DX DOES NOT SEEM TO BE MUCH HELP. I THINK THEY THINK IM CRAZY BECAUSE EVERY TIME I GO I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM. MAYBE I AM CRAZY!
  12. MsE

MsE New Member

In your latest post you mentioned that your "eyes move then the room moves" and that reminded me of something.

If there is a bit of something in your inner ear causing this positional vertigo, you can check it this way: Have someone look at your eyes when you are feelilng dizzy. If your eyes reallly are moving back and forth, see someone about the possibility of positional vertigo. It's worth a shot. The "dizzies" are really miserable.
  13. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Canton - I have episodes of dizziness all the time - it is a horrible condition of fibromyalgia.

I find that if I do not get enough sleep, over do it, or am just plain exhausted I feel more dizzy. Even being on the computer for long periods of time cause me to be dizzy.

I don't know how well you sleep, but I saw Dr. St. Amand today and he says sleep is vital in our recovery. Lack of sleep will make anyone feel crappy, but for us, it is 10-fold.

Also, if you suffer from migraines that could be causing your dizziness. I am sooooo dizzy when I have a migraine - even feel vertigoish or swaying.

I know how you feel - it will get better. Really try and get your rest and don't over do it no matter what.

Busybusymom
  14. canton2235

canton2235 New Member

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP. THIS IS A VERY HARD THING TO UNDERSTAND (FM). I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS NOW. BEFORE THAT I WAS VERY ACTIVE. I LIVE ON A DAIRY FARM AND WORK FULL TIME OUTSIDE OF THE FARM. I FIND IT VERY HARD SOMEDAYS TO JUST GET DRESSED. IT IS ALSO HARD FOR OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND. I WAS ALWAYS DOING THINGS AND BEING BUSY AND HELPING OUT OTHERS. I STILL TRY TO BE THAT PERSON HOWEVER WITH FM I FIND I CAN NOT AND OTHERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND. THEY ONLY KNOW THE OLD ME. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP GOD BLESS. PS IM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE.