Please help me find pain medication I can tolorate...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carle55, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Carle55

Carle55 New Member

I have severe back pain tonight that raidiates through my right side. My stomach and colon has be damaged from taking a lot of arthrutis medicines. Tylonel is causing sharp pains (like spasams) in my neck. I have Hydrocone but it has Tylonel in it. I also have muscle relaxers but if I take one of those this late I will be up all night,
    Any suggestions...
    Does Darvoset contain tylonel.

What can I take. I will probably have to go to Dr. tomorrow. I usually try to just tough it out until the pain subsides. But its not working now. I don.t have insurance so Doctors are a last resort. I'll be 65 in march. Then I'll be able to find out whats wrong with my back...Thanks for your help...carle
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

So sorry for your pain. You can get narcotic medications that don't have tylenol or asprin or ibuprofen. Just tell the doctor that you can not tollerate these ingrediantes and they should be able to go through several different meds that don't have them. I have never heard of tylenol causing neck spasms and can't figure out how they would be correlated so you may want to reconscider the hydrocodone for the night. BUT, I certainly don't know everything, so if your sure the pain is caused by the tylenol then ofcoarse follow your own instinct! I hope you feel better soon! Joy
  3. Carle55

Carle55 New Member

I realized the Tylonal was causing my neck pain by elimating other medicines. I thought the tylonal would be the safest pain medication and was only taking tylonal . I then knew that it was causing the neck spasams. I do wonder why. Thanks for your support....carle
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

I don't know the answer to your Darvoset ?, but I'm sure your doctor can help you with that tomorrow. I'll say a prayer to try to help get you through tonight.

It stinks that we have to sacrifice any way we go. Pain vs. sleep and vice versa.

I hope that you are doing better soon! Let us know!

Gentle Hugs,
    Jen
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

...has some sort of otc pain reliever in it....not sure if its tylenol, though...

Maybe methadone? I know that many people tolerate that well....or that pain patch thingie? Its such a fine line we walk. I HATE having to put these pills and chemicals into my body, but even with the darvocet (not that strong) my pain levels are still 7-9 usually....Can't imagine it with no pain meds.

I sure hope you find something you feel ok on!!!

6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Darvocette, has Tylonel in it, and Darvatron has, aprin , you might try the Plain Darvon Compound.
    That's what I started out on, since I can't take, anything with asprin, and I am allergic to RED Dyes, which the Darvocette has.

I now take Norco, which is Hydroconde and less Tylenol that the Vicodin, which is easier on my stomach and Liver.

I take SOma's, for Muscle relaxor.

Hope you find something that will help you, Plain Darvon, might be just the ticket. Of course we all react so differently to Med.s, so hoping this will work in your case.
    sharonk
  7. Carle55

Carle55 New Member

Thanks so much for your kind words of support. My back is much improved today. Have a two hour drive for a birthday party today so I hope before I come back it doesn't get a lot worse. I usually find that if I take it real easy and not over do it my back pain will sibside in 4 or 5 days. So I hope going to my grandsons birthday will not advergrate my back so I'm back where I was....Thanks again ...carle
  8. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

The sustained release morphine has no Tylenol and lasts quite a long time - supposed to be 24 hours. Avinza is one that has some immediate rlease and then goes to time released. The Kadian form made me very nauseated but Avinza is much better. Worth mentioning, maybe.