PLEASE HELP ME IM SO SAD DESPERATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

This message is for everyone on here ive been away for a very long time due to my current illnesses taking a very rapid downhill spiral & ive become overwhelmed by all my illnesses is it any wonder?
    I have ME,CFS,FMS,RAYNAUDS DISEASE,SEVERE DEPRESSION,A MAJOR DEPRESSIVE ILLNESS,AN INSECURE PERSONALITY DISORDER,BI POLAR,A MILD FORM OF MANIC DEPRESSION,POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER & SYGRENS SYNDROME.
    I also have a lot more illnesses but i dont want to list them all.
    Im very scared,very nervous & very tearful im just overwhelmed by all thats happened since i was last on the site.
    I am hoping that i will be welcomed back onto the site & that people will befriend me & mail me as i dont know anyone now.
    I will pray for all of us & our families if youre lucky enough to still have contact with them which i dont.
    Take care very gentle hugs to you all fibrolady37.
  2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I've been through so much with my fibro and recently discovered I have a bunch of new food allergies I can't afford to have and although I can't imagine you're pain and suffering this is so hard for me to deal with mentally as the fibro has already distroyed my life. I can't work a normal job, I may have asthma and lord only knows what else, so I understand you being overwhelmed! I wish you well and hope you will find something that helps you cope with all of these terrible afflictions. This board is wonderful if you are in need of comfort, I know I have found it many times over here, just if to know I'm not alone.

Although it may not be much, I just hope this message helps you through your day, to know that someone else out there is thinking of you and hoping for a better day for you.

Hugs,
    Shananegans
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am an old-timer here and I DO remember you, so welcome back. Yes there have been many changes here but many of us are still here. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

I took a brief break from the board as there were some tense situations here and some tempers got heated up but all seems well now.

Since you were last on the board I have been dx'd with Crohn's Disease in addition to FM, had an awful flare-up and spent 5 days in the hospital, had to go on prednisone for a long time and now on immunosuppressants which I will be on the rest of my life.

Are you getting help for your depression? Please stay in touch with us.

I will keep this bumped for you.

((((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Just wanted to add my welcome and send you lots of gentle healing (((hugs)))

I have a very complex illness which encompasses CFS/ME/Fibro and a lot more besides so I know how desperate one can feel. I have been suicidal several times.

For now, I am doing better, don't know why, just enjoying the reprieve.

Things will get better with time - don't give up hope.

Love Bunchy x
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

6. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I am so sorry for all of your suffering. I have CFS and numerous other things and no health insurance. Family doesn't offer much support. Friendships hard to maintain. I find this tragedy has drawn me closer to God. I meditate whenever my body allows, and without that sacred connection to God, I don't know how I would make it. (If you are not drawn to the spiritual, please read on because I have other advice that may help you.)

You say that you have serious depression, maybe even bi-polar. There is a wonderful book called "The Instinct to Heal: Curing Stress, Anxiety and Depression without Drugs and without Talk Therapy", by David Servan-Screiber, M.D.

In the book he offers many wonderful alternatives (which I can't use because I have no insurance), but one entire chapter of the book is donated to healing depressive disorders, including bi-polar disorder, by using fish oil. He uses large dosages of it. I'm using about 8 grams per day, which is a lot, but it has helped so much. Then when I added evening primrose oil, 500 mg, 2 capsules three times per day, I was helped even more.

I was using a small dosage of elavil, but my body doesn't like antidepressants, so this is the only antidepressant I could tolerate. Still it didn't work that well. But since I've added the above oils, it is amazing. I feel much calmer, more peaceful, much less depressed, and I even have hope. I was in a very, very, dark place.

Please give it a try and look up the doctor on the internet.

You have friends here and you are loved,

Lotus
  7. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Fibro -
    I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. As somebody who also suffers from multiple conditions and requires multiple docs, I want to let you know what has really helped me...

At my urging with my primary doc,she organized a conference call and email circle with my psychiatrist, my internal medicine/primary doc, my endocrinology team and the rheumatologist about how to proceed with my case.

I just completely lost it after about 14 months of slogging around, feeling like I was going to die and no one really "stepping up to the plate to help me.

So in about 1 day, they all got in touch with each other and decided how to proceed: endocrinology would handle thyroid, but I would discontinue one of my psych meds (trileptal) becase it has been shown to interfere with thyroid function. Psych. is handling symptomatic treatment for the fatigue with Adderall and the bipolar meds. Primary doc is handling blood pressure meds and any other non-CNS related symptom management - I now have a muscle relaxant for bedtime. The rheumatologist will be reserved for flares/pain clinic referal should it become necessary.

Just coordinated medication management alone has improved my fatigue drastically - I feel a heck of a lot better. The bipolar is currently being managed with 600 mg Seroquel at night and 60 mg Cymbalta in the am. Even though I had to jump through hoops to get the Cymbalta, I feel better in general since I switched from Zoloft (which also has been shown to interfere with thyroid function).

As far as vitamins and supplements go - I take acidophilus, multivite, magnesium, CoQ10, Biotin and L-Carnitine in the am and 3 mg melatonin and 500 mg valerian about 90 min before I go to bed. I am sleeping better with less waking episodes.

My diet has been drastically changed. I am eating freshly prepared unprocessed foods to processed foods at about a 90:10 ratio. Huge difference nutritionally. My main source of carbs is rice.

You sound very distressed - I suspect you're probably not sleeping well right now and your meds (for any of your conditions, not just mental status) are not optimally tuned - this leads to further frustration and increases depression.

Also, I get really agitated and will become manic if I don't sleep at least 8 hours. Talk to your psychiatrist - perhaps he/she could take some of the burden off you and help coordinate your care more effectively.

Give it a try, it made all the difference for me.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

8. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm still here, and I remember you. Welcome back!

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope coming back to talk with everyone will help. I know it can be very frustrating and scary.
    I , too, was very didcouraged a few weeks ago. It seemed as if every few weeks I would be diagnosed wth another incurable, chronic diseaase. I figured I didn't have very much more time.

Then I was told by an M.D. to get acupuncture. I found a well trained Chinese Medicine Dr. who is also very spiritual. I have been going to him for about a month and a half (5 treatments), and I am a whole lot better.

I went to him for other things, but my pain and brain fog are almost totally gone. My spirits are better, too. this has given me hope, again.

I though I would mention it, just in case. Chin up. We are here for you.

Love and prayers,
    Terry
  9. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I wonder if the crazy weather also has an effect on your health. It does mine. When my symptoms are at their worst, I have to be very gentle with myself and not criticize myself too much ('I should be better than this" or 'I should get more done than this').

Some things I do to manage depression are: read Christian novels, collect jokes and cartoons, take bubble baths, listen to Christian radio, and cry out to God in prayer regularly.

God's love and peace surround you...

ABLUV
  10. neen85

neen85 New Member

I have been having alot of problems myself and have been away. I am not able to be on as much as I used to because of vision problems,but saw your post and wanted to say "Hi"!

Alot of the people that were on when I first joined have gone away,or visit rarely. Glad to have you back! Daneen
  11. joyegail

joyegail New Member

I also remember you, I've been gone for about 9 months or so, since my husband passed away. I'm still trying to get disability and his SS, so I am happy that my doctor is on my side. He has referred me to a pain management clinic also. Does anyone think this will help with getting the disability?

Deb
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

My attorney told me that she had never seen anyone with so many different doctors reports.And that it was a good thing.

It proved 2 things one that I Had 4 rheumy diagnose me with FM.And the support of my other doctors a GP neurologist,shrink and orthopedic.Also PT and aqua therapy records.

Second that I was not giving up in trying to find help with this DD FM .That I have tried to find some answers and will continue to.

I got a bench approval.And I wish you to be as lucky as I was and win your case. luck to you.

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2006]
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am starting "the shake" i am so tired of all of those side effects...

so that is on my list to do...youmay want to try it your self....

i have been there myself, except i am not bipolar...so i do not kmow how this would affect your treamnt for bipolar

jodie
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

On your other thread.

Love Anne C
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are still some of us oldtimers here. I'm sorry things have gone so badly for you. This is still the same loving and caring group as always even though people come and go. Just knowing you have such a group who understands what you are going through should help you feel better. You are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  16. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I remember you from before! Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time these days, but you always have friends here who understand and can help. We are probably the only ones in this world who know exactly how you feel. So, do take some comfort in that.

If you are not getting adequate treatment for the bi-polar & depression, go back to the Dr. That can be so very hard on you, and so serious!! I was right there with ya last year, and I crashed really, really hard, and my pain went thru the roof for months. I just cried and cried.....it was horrible! I am feeling much better now with drug therapy, but I realize I cannot make it without thse drugs, as much as I hate to put more chemicals in my body.

These diseases do terrible things to your body, and you have to keep addressing that. I have had to make adjustments in medications a few times in the last 5 years.

I stopped contact with most of my family members. They didn't get it at all. They would do stuff like have this horrible "Spastic Twister" game on the stereo blasting out commands with ringing bells, horns, beeps, etc., and it kept going faster & faster, and the kids were screaming.....and this was supposed to be a great Thanksgiving for me?????? It freaked me out! Literally!! Then they just looked at me like "what's your problem?"

Well, they should know what my "problem" is. They just don't care. So, I decided that I am better off without them. And, if that means that I have my friends here, and my quiet, and my dogs, and my garden, then so be it.

Try not to get overwhelmed. Just sort of take it hour by hour, day by day. That's all I do. If right now, this hour, I feel good and I can do some cleaning or laundry, then great, I do that. If I am feeling shaky and tired, then it is time to sit down and watch some TV, or read, or "rest my eyes", as my dad would say. LOL

(((Gentle Hugs)))
    Bunny