Please help me pray for a dear friend

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MamaR, May 26, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

His name is Sonny. He has just recently went through chemo and was doing real well.
    But, in last few weeks he has started getting weaker. His immune system is so down that he stays sick. His wife just called and said that he is very sick. He is throwing up, and the other! He can't even make it to the bathroom. He is so very weak.
    I am asking God to lift him up. He hates the hospital....but he will have to go unless God touches him soon.

I recently requested prayer for his wife's family. She lost her mom. Well, two weeks prior Sonny's mom passed away. They are having really rough time. They are believers and are trusting in God.

Thank you for prayers!

Love, Mari
  2. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Dearest Jesus who understands all our suffering be with Sunny and his family. Help him thru this terrible illness. Please give him the strength he needs. Be close to him and comfort him. Let him know you are holding his hand. Your will be done in all things. I pray. Amen
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I pray for resolution and relief for your friends family and you for caring.
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

in prayers for Sonny's health.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Mari, let us know how things go for this family.

Youv'e had to deal with alot of tough situations lately, please take time to be quit and rest, taking care of ourselves; spiritually and physically so we can be there for others is important, not selfish.

Praying for you to.

God bless

6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Well, I called Mable this morning and Sonny hasn't thrown up since last night! That is when prayer was going up for him. Praise God!! Thank you all so much. I know that He isn't well yet, but by faith he will be.

God bless you all and praying for your needs.

Thanks MSS for your concern for me.

Love....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2006]
  7. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Will continue to pray for this family. It is so hard to for me to pray for my needs when I'm overwelmed by this DD. I can't imagine how hard it is for Sonny. But God does answer our prayers everyday so everyday I will continue.

Please take care of yourself, also. And I am praying for you and your family.

So I want to thank God for caring so much for us and his answers to our prayers. Blessings. De
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mari,
    Many prayers for you friend, Sonny. We all hate the hospital, so I can understand how he feels.

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that Sonny's mom passed away and that his wife's mom passed away recently too. That is terribly hard to deal with.

Hugs and prayers,
    Faye
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sonny was at church yesterday. He is such a precious person. It is hard to keep him down!
    He had his usual smile and gentle greeting. He said that he was feeling so much, much better! God is so good!

Thank you all for your prayers!

Love, Mari