Please Help Me Pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MamaR, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My cousin lost her mother this morning. Her mom has been in the hospital, but was doing better. She was put in a rehab center....but was getting better each day....or that was what they thought!

Anyway, the nurse went in to check on her this morning...as usual... and her vitals were all good. She went on out of the room. Then, she went back in about an hour later and she was already gone.

My cousin is taking it really hard...her name is Mable. Thank you for praying for Mable and her family.

I might not be back on for a few days to respond....but so much appreciate your prayers!

Love....Mari
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I am so so Sorry!!

Please know your cousin, you and All the family are in my thoughts and Prayers...

May God lead, direct and help you all through this very difficult time.....I am so sorry for your loss.

(((Hugs))) & Prayer
    ~Bluerose~
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sending prayers to your cousin and her family and you about your loss. Prayers to Mable.

Hugs and prayers,
    Faye
  4. Jordane

Jordane New Member

My heart and prayers go out to you all.
    God Bless You!!
    Jordane
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Praying for you, Mari.....so sad. I hope you are feeling well enough yourself to deal with all of this.

Praying for family and especially you!

Love,
    Sue
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am on here for just a bit. I haven't been up to it...but thought about you all and wanted to check in.

I helped at the dinner for the family after the funeral, and it was so rewarding to comfort in that way.

The wake and funeral went as well as could be expected. That part is now behind the family...and they now have to move forward with things... like dealing with their mothers home, etc.

I want to thank you all for your prayers.

May God bless you all!

I hope to be back soon.

Love....Mari
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Hi there my friend!

I have been gone for so long too. Just pop in now and then...as I can. But, hopefully can be here more soon!

Thank you for the kindness that you always show to others. I truly appreciate you!

I pray for you to feel well. I miss so much... on how you are doing. But, know that I think of you!

Yes, the family is moving forward after the loss of their mom. It is hard...but we have to do it.

One good thing...it is a large family. That makes it a bit easier. Mable has four sisters...so she is blessed to be able to have at least one to call on. And, she and I are like sisters... so she knows that I am here for her.

Again, I appreciate you and all the others that are always here for me!

Love, Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that your trip out today goes easy for you.
    Thank God for your hubby and little stool! I know what you mean about fatigue in the stores!

Yes, I love to snuggle and kiss on my kitty. She is spoiled rotten. She already knows my moods.

She knows bedtime. She will run ahead of me...and wait for me to turn back the covers...then go under and turn around come back up and get next to me....as close as she can! She has to sleep close to my face. She is strange one. She even sleeps on her little back! She is truly a blessing to me though.....and so smart too!

I just have to get off of here and go cook hubby's b'day cake. He is 58 today!

God bless you.....Mari
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Well, just two weeks ago I was here asking and I am back again. I just thought it was a bad time then.

I really don't know where to start. I am like walking as if I am in a bad dream.
    I received word last night from my cousin Jim that his son, Jimmy had shot and killed himself.

Jimmy and girlfriend, Dawn have a baby girl. Jimmy had a past of drug use....but was thought to be better. He was out of rehab since February.

He left home and returned after two days (yesterday morning). He went inside and called his dad and told him that he loved him, but he was going to kill himself.

Dawn tried to stop him, but he hit her and she fell backwards. She ran back to him just as he shot himself.
    A neighbor, Scott came over to her after she ran outside and took the baby from her. Scott said that she had blood all over her. She is in terrible shape, as you can imagine. Plus, Jim (his dad) is in shock right now. God only knows how to comfort at this time!

I am hoping that this isn't too much to post....but I am just so upset and need all the prayer to go up that I can ask for.

Please, I am asking God to give me the strength to know how to face this family. I have to go over there...I don't know how to handle it.

Thank you....MAri

[This Message was Edited on 04/09/2006]
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mari,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. You have been through a lot lately and I'm so very sorry. Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and thinking of you.

The visiting the family will be hard and I'm sure there will be many others who won't know exactly what to say. You won't be alone in that.
    There is not much to say but that you are sorry and give them your sympathy.

Hugs,
    Faye
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I want to thank you so much for these words of encouragement.
    I feel stronger since reading this. I truly appreciate you all. I don't know what I did before I found you all!

I also called a dear friend that was a big help to me.

I will just take a deep breath, and go in and just be there for Jim, Dawn and family.

I am a hugger too Hangininthere...so I will try to comfort those that need that. We have such a big family, so I know there will be someone that needs a hug.

Ilovecats...that is so true....I won't be alone. There will be so many others in same shape as me.

Well, I will see you all later.
    I am not sure how long I will be gone. I am now waiting on a call for information.

Love you all.....Mari

12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

13. windblade

windblade Active Member

I just read your post now, and am joining in prayers with others for your family's great loss.

Lifting up your cousin Jim and Dawn, and her baby as they try to live through this terrible tragedy. I am so sorry and grieving for your family!

May God's loving presence be strong in your lives during this time.

With love,
    Judy
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Thank you for remembering them in prayer. They are going to need it! I just can't imagine what Dawn is feeling...as she witnessed this. It will take God to help her get over this for sure!

God bless you.....Mari
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just wanted to let you know that your family has been so strongly on my heart and mind. Your cousin, Jim, but especially Dawn.

I've been praying for her so many times throughout each day. I feel so drawn to her sufferings - I come from a family of many tragedies also.

She needs so much prayer support! Thank God she has a loving family, and her baby to live for!

I hope that she finds counseling help as soon as possible to help her live with this horrendous tragedy.

We all need to keep praying for her continuously - for God's supernatural love and care and mercy to be a living stream in her life.

I just so grieve with you.

Sending you my love and heartfelt sorrow,
    Judy
  16. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Thank you so much for your concern and prayers. It means so much to know that others are burdened. This tells me that that God has placed this burden... and prayers are going up! God bless you, dear...and all the other people that are helping me pray!

I am sorry that I haven't been on here in awhile. I was busy with preparations for Easter at our church. Then, we went over to another church last night for Easter Drama. It was just AWESOME! Today I am paying for it in my body....but it was well worth it!!

Love....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]