Please Help Me!! Why No Sugar !!! a little dumb here...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I know it has something to do with the yeast, so I am trying to stay away from it as much as possible. However, I am still not quite sure what it all means. I am almost embarrased about this, as I have had this dd along time now, and have managed it as much as I can, just by what I have learned here and reachering, but can't for the life of me comprehened the sugar concept. I know I get thrush of the mouth because of the antibiotics I take, on account of all the throat infections. Then I have to take a special mouth wash after the antibiotics, ususally right after a major relapse of one infection after another. Is it true that we can get a body yeast infection and if so what are the signs of it?? how do we get it? and why? can we have some sugar? what about the sugar in foods? I have been tested for diabitis and I am not...even though I have all the symptoms of it. I take sythroid cause I have the symptoms of low thyroid...I always feel like I am going to faint and feel so so so weak. Is it true that we should follow a low sugar diet, as sometimes I wake up feeling I am coming out of anesetic, sick feeling can't get up for the life of me. I only wish I could get some order in this disease at least somewhat...I think I might be doing something wrong here....I do splurge once in awhile with the sugar thing, so hard to stay away from it completely....please help me here......the sugar Monster up here in Canada.....sharon5650
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

sugar feeds the yeast and thrush is a yeast infection which means you probably do have candidas. Also our bodies really crave the sugar to feed the yeast. There are many posts on this - Stormskye, Tansy, Mikie, so if you put it into search you will come across them.

I use Aloe Vera juice which helps prevent thrush, I had it ongoing and the aloe vera juice cleared it, I take it daily to keep it away. I find it very hard to go without sugar, I am trying once again. If you have small meals and a piece of fruit when you feel weak that should help.

I wish there was an easy answer to the sugar problem but there isn't.

love
    Rosie