Please Help Me With What Type of Multiple Vitamin To Take

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 25, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been taking Centrum multiple Vitamins for years.

Now I read to take all natural. What are some natural vitamins? I am so confussed. My doc told me to take 3 Centrum a day. (I take the Centrum Silver).

I saw on QVC about some vitamins but can't remember the name and to my knowledge he didn't mention they were all natural.

Heck, I don't know Natural from Symthetic.

Help, Please

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

The Vitamins on QVC are Nature's Code, anyone tried them?
  3. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I haven't tried the multi's from QVC but I am just now trying 50+Mini-Tab, Multi + Daily Program made by Rainbow Light. They are guaranteed 100% natural. It is 5 products in one. 1. Food based multi vitamin, 2. 1000 iu vitamin d, 3. B-Complex, 4. Extra antioxidant protection and 5. probiotics and plant source enzymes. I like them because they are mini tabs and helps me with the trouble I have swallowing the large vitamins. Also, I love the fact that they are food based (supposed to be easier for your body to use), have vitamin d and digestive enzymes. I read about these in my Natural Health magazine and purchased them at Whole Foods. If you don't have a Whole Foods you can go to Rainbow Lights website and find the other retailers that carry them ( Hope this helps. Take care. Janice
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

You have to pay attention to the forms of the vitamins and minerals. That's why the natural ones from the health food store are so much better. I like Alive! Whole Food Energizer, myself.

For just one example about cheap, crappy vitamins - Centrum contains magnesium oxide at 100% RDA. That implies it has all the magnesium you need. Well, virtually all of us are so deficient in magnesium, we need twice as much as normal healthy people and also, magnesium oxide is not an easily absorbable form of mag; in fact, it's the worst. It is used in laxatives because it tends to pass through the body rather than being absorbed and used. You're lucky if you absorb 20% of it. So your 100% RDA just became 20%, and since you need twice as much, now it's down to 10%, making Centrum useless in that regard. And magnesium is one of the most important minerals in the body.

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I brought up the rainbow light site but couldn't find the 50+mini-tab+ daily program. Of course we do not have a Whole Foods here.

Thanks for your advice, I will keep searching.

6. glenpr

glenpr New Member

Check with your doctor about Vitamin D and Calcium----we need it more and more as we get older.
    love glen
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

The multivitamin I've been taking for over ten years just won an award as best Multivitamin. It is designed for those with cardiac risk factors, but apparently the agency giving out the awards still thought it was the best overall.

It is called CardioLift and is made by Nutraceutical Sciences Institute. It uses the most bioavailable forms of nutrients, in capsule form for better absorption. I take 2/3 of a dose to save money. There is only one place you can get it, on the Internet, and I don't think I am allowed to say where, or I'd get banned. Hopefully, you can find it with Google. Try Googling Nutraceutical Sciences Institute, since they are the house brand at the company I buy it from.

[This Message was Edited on 08/26/2008]
  8. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

Advocare's Coreplex. best on the market.
  9. erica741

erica741 New Member

I've heard their products are good, and I recently starting taking NSI Synergy Women's with Iron Multi-Vitamin Version 5.

You can buy them only through Vitacost.
  10. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Vit-Min 75+ (iron-free) by NOW Foods
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

erica 741,
    Thank you for your post which let me know that I can say I get my CardioLift multi from Vitacost without being banned. I thought you could not do that here.