Please help me!!!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Shalome1990, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

Ok, I just found out that I have Lyme and Erichilosis. But, I am on steriods and antiboitics for acne and just found out that steriods are one of the worst things you can do!! UGH!! Is there any other medication or herbal that you suggest I "steer clear" of because I have not had enough time to research all of the do's and don'ts of Lyme.
    Thanks,
    Shalome
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

You're right, steroids are the worst thing you can take.

I have had acne for years and have recently found that a weekly 5% or stronger salicylic acid peel keeps my skin clear; it dissolves the oil in pores.

I don't know of any other medication to avoid, but avoiding sugar and simple carbs will help both with the acne and the Lyme.
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

My LLMD said sometimes steriods are a necessary evil. Many of his patients are on steriods for other medical conditions like RA and they do well. If you need steriods you need them. Now that you know about the Lyme & Company you can possibly find another treatment plan.
  4. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

Thanks for your answers!! This is so much for me to absorb!! I have been studying nutrition and exercise for years thinking that I could make my fatigue go away. I finally got the answer that I have Lyme&Comp. I started the antiboitics last week. I had some really bad days this weekend, but now I do not feel so bad. I heard it comes in cycles, so I better cling to the good days. I am glad to at least have a diagnosis and hopefully moving in the right direction.
  5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

The toxic die off caused by the antibiotics is no picnic, hang on in there.
  6. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Hi,
    My doc has me on Marshall Protocol and told me to totally stay away from Vitamin D, Vitamin A and Folic Acid. Believe me, this is proving to be a HUGE challenge. My DH has Type II diabetes and I thot that was tough to shop for and avoid things..... That is just childs play compared to our dear Lyme.
    Katiebug61
  7. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

Katie,
    Did he tell you why to stay away from those things?? Is it because of the Lyme, or the diabetes?
    Thanks,
    Shalome
  8. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Shalome,
    Yes.. because of the Lyme. I had another visit yesterday and my Vit. D-125 level is in the extremely dangerously high level, 4 more points and it would be effecting major organs. The Vitamin D feeds this bacteria, from what I understand. The good news is that I have been able to drop 3 of my previously prescribed meds, due to the MP. I am not taking Lyrica anymore and I can't tell any difference!!! I did not like taking it for the negative effects it caused. I do want to feel better and get healthy. This has truly been a learning experience for me and my family.
    There is so much to learn and absorb and remember. Going to the grocery store is now a real challenge!
    Take care,
    Katie.
  9. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Does your husband know that Type II Diabetes can be cured? Of course, he has to "manage" it until he gets there, but I encourage him to find and start implementing a plan, an "overcoming" strategy. Best wishes!!
  10. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Hi,
    Are you talking about him also following the MP? He would love to be able to get rid of the medicine he takes for it. He is being more careful about what he eats and has lost over 20 lbs. Are there any plans/strategies that you know of, other than watching what you eat and exercising?
    Thansk!!!!
    Merry Christmas
    Katie
  11. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

One herb you should stay away from if you have "late-stage lyme" is astragulus.

I read this is Stephen Buhner's book, Healing Lymes, pages 71-72.
    He says astragulus is often used in earlier stage Lyme for immune enhancement,
    but late stage Lyme is a TH1 dominant condition and astragulus can stimulate the TH1 response further, thus worsening symptoms.
  12. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Your husband is on the right track!

I can give you a start on your research:

(1) For managing:
    Dr. R. Becker's TV program #07-045 and #05-160, along with his book, Foundations for Healing, recommends a diet of high fiber (Glucomannan Fiber product too), whole foods, low starch, lean meat (fowl, etc), low-fat dairy. Plus supplements: Probiotics, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, his "Active Adult" multivitamin & minerals, Fenugreek tea from India, Cinnamon (1 level tsp. or in tea), Polynesian Noni Juice (controls pain, inflammation and neuropathy), GrapeSeed Extract (arteries soften and it lowers blood sugar), Fish oil (or flax oil or walnut oil), and for Candida (yeast overgrowth) use Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract. You see, certain yeast (fungi) and the mycotoxins (poisons) they produce can be a cause of diabetes and keep it going so you have to kill that off.

(2) Do you know that using a vinegar-based salad dressing can help? It has a similar affect to using the commonly prescribed drug Medformin.

(3) For reversing diabetes:

* Dr. J. Whittaker, his book on Reversing Diabetes.

* A download online from Barton Publishing Inc "The Diabetes Reversal Report.

* Patrick Lecky's The Diabetic Warrior newsletter and How to Fight Type II Diabetes and Win. This talks about Detoxification and use of PRIMAL foods, whole food concentrates, fermented milk (yogurt, kefir), probiotics, trace minerals, and food enzymes (Most diabetics are very deficient in enzymes, as the pancreas that manufactures them is stressed, so you have to avoid over-cooked, enzyme-less processed food.)

* Glyconutrients! These are the 8 essential sugars our bodies need to get our health back on track.

Best wishes for your husband's and your wellness,

Smiles!,
    & Merry Christmas!
    ~Renae

[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2008]
  13. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

You are such a wealth of knowledge!! I have more things on my "Things to try" list of books and links that I can't get to them all fast enough!!!

Thanks a bunch,
    Shalome
  14. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Thank you for the kind compliment. <smile>
    Only problem is -- my daughter is still VERY sick so I definitely haven't learned enough. <sigh>
    But I am so grateful for doctors/ researchers who pass the latest knowledge on to us!
    And I'm thankful for patients like you who support me in maintaining an "overcoming" spirit!
    May this holiday season refresh all of us with hope and healing!

((hugs)),
    ~Renae
  15. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

We all need more good!!
    I am sure that your daughter is lucky to have you!! My mom told me that I should "used to the way I was" because I had been tired for so long and the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me, so she thought I was a hypercondriac.... :( Thankfully, I refused to listen!!
    Shalome
  16. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

You're right! If we are feeling poorly, there is a "CAUSE"! I applaud the years of study you have done and how you have found answers for your health!! Very common that loved ones don't understand. But you keep pressing on in the direction of your recovery!

I only wish I had known the Western Blot and ELISA tests and doctors who ordered them had been wrong concerning my daughter's condition. But I'm glad I kept pressing on and found the true diagnoses.

Best wishes,
    ~Renae