PLEASE HELP Methadone withdrawl...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChicagoEmerald, Nov 19, 2006.

1. ChicagoEmerald

ChicagoEmerald New Member

I am currently going through methadone withdrawl. I was on it for the past year of my 5th year with fibro. Like most of you, I have been on dozens and dozens of different meds trying to tame the pain of this DD. Methadone did help somewhat with my pain level but did not feel comfortable taking narcotics for the rest of my life.

My nightmare has started as I am in withdrawl from the methadone. I thought I knew what a level 10 was on the pain scale until I got off the methadone. The pain has so far surpassed any 10 that I had had before. Depression has skyrocked, (yes, I'm on Cymbalta), I can barely walk or function. Terrible stomach pains, hallucinating, hot and cold flashes, sweating, disoriented, and am pretty much dependent on my husband for helping me with eveything.

I would love to hear from someone who has gotten through methadone withdral/detox. I am currently off the methadone, on Cymbalta, Amittiptyline and Nuerontin. I was already on these meds before getting off Methadone. The Nuerontin helps with the shocking type pains, but does not help at all with the other fibto pains.

I would love to hear from others who have experienced this terrible hell and how they got through it. If I knee it would be this bad to get noff methadone, I would have NEVER started it. Please also include any new pain meds you started after the withdrawl period.

I am in a very bad place right now and really need some hope.

2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You can stop drugs like Methadone with no withdrawals at all by using Subutex. You transition to Subutex, then can easily taper off Subutex.

If you do a websearch, you can read about it. Most doctors who treat addiction are familiar with Subutex. It saves alot of misery.

I used it to stop taking MS Contin and never had a bad day.

I stayed on Subutex because it also treats pain and works for me. You dissolve it under your tongue. I have been on 16 mg (4 mg 4X day) for over a year.

The only other pain med I take now is Tylenol and rarely Ultram.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 11/19/2006</i>]
  3. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i have been thruu it several times but be very carefull with the subutex meds they will put you into a immidiate withdrawl they block the receptor cite. be well
  4. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Just wanted to ask how much were you taking a day? How many hours or days have you been without? I am wondering for my seld also. I went 4 days without any problems but I know it hits you later sometimes, because it is stored in the liver.

I have to commend you for being so strong,.One would wonder if you could jusr take a little bit of one to get you through this rough period.I think you didn't taper off as much as you should have., please let us know how you are doing and write as much as you need as you feel better. Ruthie
  5. jana15

jana15 New Member

I don't have any helpful advice to give Kristi but my thoughts and best wishes are with you. Stay in touch and please keep us informed about how you're going I know I'm probably not the only one here who'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Good luck

Love Jana
  6. solemate2010

solemate2010 New Member

Hi,my name is Debbie,&lt;BR&gt;
    I am in my 7th week of detoxing off methadone,went cold turkey off 4.5mgs.I had been on methadone for about 20yrs,stopped using but used methadone as a back stop.&lt;BR&gt;
    Towards the end of 2009 I decided to leave my husband of 20yrs and the drugs ,went christian and then decided that i could`nt keep poisoning my body any I just stopped taking it.&lt;BR&gt;
    The first 2 weeks were the hardest ,experiencing sore ,aching legs,anxiety,lack of sleep.&lt;BR&gt;
    Finally starting to feel a bit normal -still have slight ache in legs but not as bad and not every day.I am sleeping now.&lt;BR&gt;
    i drank lots of water and took calcium and magnesium tablets for the sore legs,starting to see the other side now.Best move I have ever made in my life.&lt;BR&gt;
    Hope this helps you.