PLEASE HELP Seminar in Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsOnlyMe123, Jan 8, 2007.

1. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

... Regarding this weeks seminar in Ft. Lauderdale. I just got back from visiting my family in Massachusettes. I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I am so happy that I got back on the board yesterday to see this very exciting seminar coming up this week, right in my area.

I filled out an application for more info. yesterday and I have not heard back from anyone. I called 2 phone numbers, no return call.

Would someone please help me? What should I do? I read the web site and I don't know what day to go. This is very expensive for me, as I am sure others, and I need to go on the correct day.

Thanks, Eileen
  2. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I can't think of their name...But look on the website for the conference and call the International Associaotn for CFS and FM (IACFSFM?) I can't remember right now...brain fog...Call the folks that have the registration...

I hope that helps you...Wish I could go, can't swing it with my health right now...

Have a good time!

Suz
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

The Patient Conference takes place Jan. 10 and 11.

The conference is sponsored by IACFS and PANDORA. IACFS is an international organization of CFS researchers, and PANDORA is a regional, all-volunteer, CFS organization.

You might want to try emailing contact@pandoranet.info or calling (305) 441-1591. If this doesn't work, check with IACFS at www.iacfs.net.

More specific information about the conference is posted on the IACFS and PANDORA websites.

Pandora also has a limited amount of scholarships available for patients.

I hope everything works out for you. I suspect you haven't heard back because the volunteers are overwhelmed. Keep trying!
  4. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

A great BIG "THANK-YOU" ladies for helping me.

I will continue to call and e-mail. I called the hotel to find out if they had any information and it was extremely limited. The hotel told me that the seminar is from Tuesday thru Sunday. On Tuesday, it started at 12 noon and ended at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday thru Sunday that it started at 8:30 a.m. and ended at 5:30 p.m. The only contact person and number that the seminar gave the hotel was Dr. Nancy Kilmas @ 847-258-7248.

I am really upset that this isn't going smooth for me because I'm not feeling well at all and in severe depression. I can barely move because of my pain and I'm trying with all my might to focus.

Eileen
  5. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Or expidia.com,travelocity.com

You may be able to get a lower last minute rate for the hotel it is at...I got this tip from the Executive Director of the WI CFS group...Pat

I hope that can help you with a cheaper hotel room...I feel for you doing this while you are sick...Part of the reason I'm not flying down...It's gonna be cold again up here in MN!!!!!

Take Care...and pace yourself!

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
  6. spacee

spacee Member

The hotel's information is WRONG. If you will look on the homepage of this site (Prohealth), the first day you can register for is Wedneday the 10th. It states that the patient conference in for two days. Wed. and Thurs.

Then the professional days are Fri, Sat and Sun which patients CAN attend if they wish to pay for it.

Spacee
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

Have you heard back from someone yet?

You know, if I was in your shoes I'd just show up at the conference and explain your situation to the volunteers at the registration table. Remember, most have CFS as well, so they most likely will do everything they can to accomodate you.

Good luck!
  8. spacee

spacee Member

It is not an FM conference, it is a CFS conference. Eileen was looking for a FM conference that would address pain issues. This one doesn't do that from what I read.

Spacee
  9. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Thank you everyone for your messages and concern. I never heard back from anyone. Ya know, I know that people are so extremely busy putting this seminar together, BUT, I feel that there should be a few people working on the internet and answering phone calls for people like myself trying to get answers and saying that they received applications.

If I possiblely can, I'll just show up tomorrow, Thursday and see what happens.

Eileen