PLEASE HELP....SPOTTING 4 DAYS BEFORE MENSTRAL CYCLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Apr 6, 2006.

1. tes

tes New Member

Hi there. I was just curious if anyone here suffers from 3-4 days of light spotting before their period actually kicks in?? I have had 2 cycles like that now and I am confused. It's more when I wipe than anything. Nothing heavy at all....By the way, I am turning 35 years old next month and wonder if my body is starting to prepare for menopause..yikes.lol

If anyone else deals with this, can you please tell me what you have been told and why. My doctor seems to think it's stress and hormonal flucuations. I'm scared. I had my annual check-up 2 weeks ago and she said all my tests were good and my blood work. She's just waiting for the pap results...they usually take abit longer.

Hope to hear from anyone.

P.S. I also wrote earlier this week about bladder infection not reacting to antibiotic. As it turns out, I din't have an infection and she suspects I have interistial(sp?) cystitis. What next:(

Thanks
    Tes
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2006]
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Yes, I got CFS about a year and a half ago. For the last 8 months I've had the same smotting a couple of days before. I haven't seen a doctor yet.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes I've had this for a couple of years now. I spot anywhere from 2 to 4 days before my period. My doctor says it's a normal part of perimenopause and nothing to worry about.
    Dar
  4. tes

tes New Member

Bumping for more posts.
  5. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I have been having problems with bleeding in between periods and sometimes not stopping bleeding for a few months.

I also have endometriosis and a few ovarian cysts and a few fibroid tumors.

I do believe that my stress level and the fibroids played a big role in this and just last month I had a procedure done called an Endometrical Ablation, because I just would not stop bleeding. I have not had a period since.

Nope, no hystorectomy (sp) for me, I do not want to go thru sudden menapause.

Do you have endo. or alot of pain with your periods? You might have your OBGYN do a lap. and check for endometriosis or fibroids. I think with fibroids or cysts all he will have to do is a sonogram.

You can also just call and get an appointment for him to check you out. I think there is a way they can tell if you are entering menapause. I doubt that you are, you are pretty young, as I am too. I am 39.

Hope this helps!!

Brenda
  6. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi Tes sorry to hear what you are going thru, it's been so long since we chatted. I did reply to you thru my other post (sleep problem). I just wanted to say I spot before my period often. And also at the age of 36 my body went thru a change. Because of fibro stress affected everything in my body differently. I also have ibs and my anxiety level has incresased. I wouldn't worry about spotting before period it's common, I spoke to my gyno.
    I hope your family is doing well.
    I have so much stress going on right now father in law is gravely ill, suddenly his colon cancer came back with a vengance. He is crying all the time in pain. It's so frustrating to see him this way. He is undergoing radiation no help so far and it's spread to his lungs and liver. I feel so depressed right now in my life, it's hard to grasp it, it happened so fast. My mother in law is not sleeping at all because he is up all night and he is being stubborn and giving her a hard time. I really feel for her she looked after her daughter for 15 years and watched her suffer with schleroderma and passed away when she was 26 years old, then she had to care for her mother and now her husband. It has been a very difficult life for her. I feel so sad for her I wish I could be more help to her but I am also recovering from chest infection (start of pnemunia) and feel very weak. I am getting better but not 100% yet.
    Well I am rambling on, I hope to chat with you again,
    warm hugs Mom3
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi i would go ahead and see your gynacolagist for pap just to be safe , ive had two polyps and had early spotting before my period. but also spotted after having sex...
    be safe onnaroll
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2006]
  8. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi Tes, bumping for you
  9. tes

tes New Member

Hi Mom3. I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. This must be taking a toll on your family and especially your health. I had the same type of chest infection 2 years ago. They said it was the start on a pnemonia as well. I thought I was never going to recover. It took a huge toll on my fibro. I just starting spotting again today. My period is due Sunday. I hate this. At the same time it scares me as well. I mentioned it to my doctor 2 weeks ago at my annual check-up and she didn't say much.

I did a pap test as well and hopefully that will come back clear. Then I started up with bladder problems and she thinks it might be IC(iterstitial cystitis). Apparently it is very common with fibromyalgia patients. I never ended up having a bladder infection. My urine was re-checked on Monday and it came back clear. No wonder I wasn't reacting to the different types of antibiotics she put me on. I can't deal with this anymore. One thing after another. Just when I think....I'm starting to feel better...BANG...another new and scary symptom arises. I hide so much from people. They look at me and think she has it all and in reality, I am suffering like hell. It's just not fair. On the other hand, it could be much worse and if this is the worst I will ever have to go through, then so be it:)

How are the kids doing...you have 2 sons and a daughter, right? I will pray for your father-in-law and hope to hear back from you. You're Italian from what I remember. I am Greek.

Gentle hugs

Tes
  10. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

I know what you mean Tes, I feel the same way I keep everything inside, my pain and suffering. I only talk about it to my closest friends, anyone else I don't bother sharing my personal stuff, plus they don't understand that even though someone looks good that doesn't mean they feel good. I have not gone back to work, I miss it terribly and the way I used to be. I loved getting ready for work and also having lunch with coworkers and facing new challenges.

My chest infection has drained me and am just starting to get my energy back. It was scary and was paranoid about the worst. That's what I always have anxiety about new pain and symtpoms and my mind races to the worst scenerio.
    I really try to do some deep breathing excercises and relaxation to focus on positive but sometimes I need more than that to help.
    I'll check in later, warm hugs to you Mom3
  11. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

hi Tes
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i had more than spotting, bleeding for over a month straight...it could be stress...cysts... just sit tight and wait...

you are in good hands...

jodie
  13. tes

tes New Member

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I means alot. I am waiting for my period anyday and the spotting has started again. It is so annoying because my regular period lasts for 6-7 days and then the spotting on top..Yucky!!! I'm not sure if it is stress, weather related. We have had some wacky weather here in Toronto. We had a mild winter then bitter cold then mild, now cold again. This must take a toll on our bodies somehow. My back is aching so much, I can't figure out which way to sit.

I just finished helping my kids with some homework, so that they could relax and play on the weekend. My youngest is in SK and my older one is in grade 2. The amount of homework they bring home is beyond belief. I feel sorry for them sometimes because it is only going to get heavier in the years to come. The schooling system has changed so much since I was in elementary grades. Much tougher for them and less time for them just to be kids. Oh well, I guess it is good for the mind.

Another question with the time of the month. I have also noticed I get severe bloating the week I'm waiting for it. It looks like I am 4 months pregnant. I am a thin women and it looks so funny. I never had this before either. I guess it's true when they say a womens body changes at 30, 35 etc. I will be 35 next month.

I hope everyone is well and keep in touch.

MOM3, write back if you can. I know what you mean about missing work and being around co-workers. I miss this very much as well. However, at the same time, I love being there for my kids. They really appreciate it and can truly see it when they see me at the school. They are my life. So is my husband, can't forget him either.

Gentle hugs to you all

Tes
  14. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi Tes, I bloat alot before my period too and mine lasts 7 days, and very heavy. My iron is very low because of that. I really think it's your body changing or over stressed especially from bladder issue. Try not worry I know it's not easy because I'm the same. With fibro I have noticed so many changes of aches and pains and infections. My back is aching too, I have been walking around with a heat pad all day. My lower back is achy and the heat pad is wrapped up in my pants. My husbands says I look funny, but if it helps I don't care. LOL. This weather sucks but we're in for a good week so enjoy.
    Good to hear from you again, warm hugs mom3
  15. tes

tes New Member

Hi again. Nice to hear back from you. Is there anyway we can chat aside from here. I know this board is kept mainly for concerns and help, which I love. Everyone here is always ready to give great advice when someone is bothering me. Write back and let me know. You seem like a real nice person and enjoy chatting with you. We live so close to each other as well. Write back when you can. Hope you feel better. Hugs. Tes
  16. Peacelearning

Peacelearning New Member

Brenda,

re: "Nope, no hystorectomy (sp) for me, I do not want to go thru sudden menapause"... Unless your ovaries are removed you would NOT go into sudden menapause. Based on what you noted, it does not look like your ovaries are the problem. Surgical removal of your uterus may be an option? (it can be very simple with no cutting.) If you choose this, it would mean no more bleeding with continued hormonal cycles until you reach natural menapause...

On aside, it is throught that I am now in menapause. No cycle for 1 year now, and I am just 44. For you young ones, for 5 - 8 years I had "irregular" periods. Sometimes twice a week -- sometimes every 3 months. Now? Now I want a hormone test to varify... I am in denial. Don't "old women" go into menapause?

FLASHSHSHSHSHHHH!
    Peace

17. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hope you are doing well!!

I had a procedure done on February 17th called endometrical ablation. I think that has taken care of the bleeding problem. I have not bled once since then.

I have cysts on my overies, and I also have Stage 4 Endometriosis. So, my gyno. did suggest hystorectomy (sp) (ovaries and all) for me but the more I thought about it, the more I decided against it. Just a personal decision for everyone. Don't think I could handle sudden menapause with my panic disorder. Would rather have the endometriosis.

But the bleeding, I did get rid of, (fingers crossed).

I think you are a little early for menapause. But I do know people around your age that have went thru it. Not many though. I am 39, not far behind you.

Go to your gynee and get a test done. I am pretty sure that they can tell if you are in menapause. Do you have the symptoms?

I think the average age is middle or late 50's.

If you don't go see a gynee on a regular basis anyway, you should be going and checking for other problems. So why not just go and check out everything.

It is good for us females to go once a year. He found my cervical dysplasia, taken care of my yeast infections, delivered my baby, found my endo, and did the endometrical ablation surgery on me.

My Mom had Ovarian Cancer and is now deceased from it. I cannot stress the importance of seeing these Docs.

By the way, YOU ARE NOT AN OLD WOMAN!!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  18. Peacelearning

Peacelearning New Member

Please tell me, if you can, your mother's story.
    My best friend has stage 3-C OC and her onc doc want her to go ANOTHER YEAR of chemo. (She was told after what she thought was her final of 9 rounds.) I love her... Sometimes I am peaceful, other times have a real sense of urgency. On behalf of my friend and my support to her, please allow me to ask a personal question: How long from diagnosis did your mommy live?

Peace
  19. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Please look for a post from myself to you. It is called Peacelearning.....Do you really want to hear about my Mom. I already bumped it up once. Will bump up again.

Brenda
  20. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I had spotting one time just before my period started. Never had it since. Besides the FMS, I also have endometriosis, ovarian cysts, interstitial cystitis (IC), plus a few other fun illnesses.

I used to run to the doctor's thinking I had an infection (I've only had an infection twice and both times it was after bladder surgery). I realize now it was a flare-up of the IC. Stress and foods high in acid can bring on pain and frequency. Are you running to the bathroom constantly feeling like you really need to go and then realize your bladder wasn't that full?

I use a product called Prelief that you can get at the drugstore. My urologist at the Cleveland Clinic gave me some samples and it has been a lifesaver for me. I can eat and drink more high-acid foods. I take several Prelief tablets with every meal and also with any drinks between meals (carbonated drinks, coffee, tea, fruit drinks, tomato juice, etc.). It has helped my IC by 80%. I still get flare-ups like right before my period (my FMS often flares up then, too) or if I am under a lot of stress. You might look into it. It won't affect any meds you are on and you can take as much as you like. It's basically calcium and phosophorus. You can also take it at bedtime.

Hope this was helpful.

Ellen