please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, May 3, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

has anyone had pains and discharge from the navel? I"ve had this for a few days looked it up on web but really doesn"t say much. I clean it and have been using neosporan on it, but it as me sort of upset. just wonder if anyone else has had this. Thanks sixtyslady
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

I'm afraid I can't help you, but I can tell you that you should probably call your doctor. Like you, I've had many strange changes, but when I talk to my doctor, I find they're not unusual. You need to talk to someone besides me. However, it's nice to meet someone else in my age group and good luck.

janieb
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I had this once before years but not as bad Dr said not to use powders because they can cause infection, but it usually would clear up on its own. I"m really kind of scared about this it has a very bad odor. sixtyslady
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It is an umbilical hernia. I have this on and off for 40 years, since I was first pregnant. Apparently, my cord was cut a tad too short, so any strain or even pants waist rubbing can set off this smelly discharge. It smells awful. The pain feels like a pinching pain. The doctor told me all one has to do is wash it carefully with soap and water, then apply a little antibiotic cream and keep it dry and try and wear loose things till it heals. This always works.

Love Anne C
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

its better to day I will wear sweats for awhile instead of my jeans, and I"m using neosporin, so hopefully it will heal. thanks everybody. sixtyslady