Please help.............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MssDarla, Jul 7, 2006.

1. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

My Sister has started Humara after every thing else
    enbrel etc etc etc........Remicade is next

nothing works

However now she has side effects, swelling of the neck
    (effects her breathing)

ankles are swelling, more swelling other places too

She wont go to the Dr , I think after so many yrs of pain she has given up.

If she goes to pcp she says "you need to see you Rhd Dr."

If she goes to Rhd Dr he says " there is no more I can do for you"

Sigh...so she has given up I think

She is so tired of Doctors and feel like a whiny baby and she hates the feeling.

She does try to call the dr but then the next day she says I think I am better today so its ok.

I just don't know what to do. I have offered to go with her on her next app. then he can hear what I have to say lol

She takes Humira and Hydro for pain and that is it. He wont even give her more pain meds. She is 55. not the partying age.

amazing to me how he is so concerned about her and the pain meds. he wont even increase the dose.

She has 3 different types of arthitis. osteoporosis, psoriatic arthritis and Rheumatic pain and Psyatic nerve pain. and RLS. her wrist and hands hurt all the time. swelling everywhere.

She can't walk well. She can't lay or sit without the Psyatic nerve pain,

Which only relief is to stand but then the other conditions don't allow her to stand long.

She has her knees drain every 2 months. and thats the only time she see's her Rd

I AM ANGRY JUST TYPING THIS. WHAT DO I DO??????????

PLEASE ADVISE AND THANK YOU
    PS she wont change drs. she has seen him for 20 yrs

I am thinking of faxing a letter of my concerns for her to her Rd

What do you think????????

I also posted this at the arthritis board but no responses so I posted it hear too. hoping for advise.

Should I do something?
  2. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i think your idea of going with her to the dr. is probably the best, i don't think a fax is going to get much attension unfortunatly. a phone a call might work but you have the problem of violting the hippa regulations so the dr. may not talk to you without your sister on the phone also and 3 people on the phone just gets confusing. make an appointment with her when both of you can go and have all of your concerns written down so you can disscuss them and you won't miss anything.

if that doesn't work you really need to convince your sister to chang doctors. it sound like she isn't getting what she needs. try telling her that at the very least she ought to she someone else for a second opinion, that way it may not sound as threatening as actually changing doctors. and it's possible that after you see the dr. for the second opinion both of you may like that dr. better and then you can convince her to switch.

i hope this helps.
    rachel