please help

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by gizmo78, Nov 1, 2008.

1. gizmo78

gizmo78 New Member

I'm haven't been to a doctor but I know I'm depressed. It takes all my energy to get out of bed and even smile. I have two kids that I can't play with because I think they see me as weak. I have a husband who just doesn't understand why I can't be happy. I don't know what to do. I am so alone. I have not a friend in the world. I try to talk to people but no one tries to establish any type of relationship with me. I feel as if I'm in a deep dark hole and no one can get me out. I feel as if I should tell my husband to leave me and take the kids because I am of no use to them like this. I feel alone and that no one understands what I am going through. How can I fix myself to be normal again?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

First go to your primary care doctor for a full physical and blood work to make sure you are okay and hormones are in order. If everything comes out okay, then ask for the name of a good psychiatrist for you to see. The psychiatrist will be able to talk with you, analyze you and diagnose you as to what ailments they believe you have. That's the start of dealing with mental health problems. Know that depression is not only a mental health ailment, but can be a symptom of regular medical problems (which is why you see the doctor first) AND can be symptoms of several other mental health ailments. It is also possible to have one or more mental health ailments at the same time. That is why it is important to get professionals to diagnose and start to help you.

If you believe you cannot describe what you are going through to the doctors and cannot be totally honest with them, then print out the post you have written here on this board and give it to them as it says it all. To get help you have to reach out to professionals for help (which may not be comfortable for you) and continue going to appointments even if you think they may not be helping you. If you must take medication, it can sometimes take 4 to 6 weeks for some of the meds to really take full effect so continue taking that medication and if it makes you feel funny or strange, don't stop the medication but instead call the doctor and let the doctor know how it makes you feel and let the doctor make the decision as to what should be done, if anything. Taking yourself off medications can be dangerous and some meds shouldn't be stopped abruptly.

Remember that you are a good person and you deserve to help yourself, to get help from professionals and work towards feeling better. Know that you, your kids and your husband are impacted by how you feel and you working towards feeling better is very positive. Good luck and many hugs. You can do it!!!!
  3. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I agree with TWOCATDOCTOR! Get some help,do it for yourself and do it right away. Do it for your children and all your family. Hugs and love, Robin
    PS Let us know how you are doing. We care!!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2008]