please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Nov 14, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

They are still trying to figure out what is wrong with me...
    does FMS cause loss of balance ??? I am experiencing that..
    thanks Sue
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

They are still trying to figure out what is wrong with me...
    does FMS cause loss of balance ??? I am experiencing that..
    thanks Sue
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

is very scary to me. I'm not sure, and neither are the docs, if it is directly linked to FM. In the meantime, I walk around like some drunk. People look at me funny, but I just laugh it off. Are you have any dizziness, severe headaches, and/or visual problems? I'm so scared that I'm afraid to be alone for long periods of time and I really don't like to drive. I am currently working on the process of elimination of all that I don't have - so far no tumors, no pressure on the brain, etc.. The eye doc says I need glasses, so I'll wear them. Today was so bad that I never got showered, nor dressed. I've hardly left the recliner all day!

I hope you figure it out! Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2002]
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

but you should still rule out the possibility of something more serious going on. Check with your doctor just to be safe.
    Kathryn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

As for the balance, I was terrible in the morning and when I got tired.

But its under control now, just a little off balance in the morning when I wake up.

I started drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day along with a quarter teaspoon of sea salt.

I read this is a book called; 'ABC of Asthma, Allergies, and Lupus' by; F. Batmanghelidj,MD. It is a great read, this doctor claims that most of us are dehydrated, and it can cause a multitude of health problems.

Since then, I have my sinus problems under control, the Fibro Fog is less, and the balance is so much better.

But be sure to have your doctor check you out for other things that could cause you balance to be off.

Start drinking the water, that can't hurt in anyway!

If you want to read a little about this, go to; www.watercure.com/intro.htm

Its free and you can learn alot about the benefits of drinking your water!

Hope this is of a little help while you wait on your diagnosis.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

says that loss of balance and dizziness are a common complaint with our malady......
    Love,
    Kady
  7. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

I am not sure exactly what the cause was, but she has fibro and Lupus. For a long time she was in a wheelchair because he balance was so off that she could not stand up. She had done a lot of PT and is fine in that department now and has been for about 5 years. I would recomend seeing a Dr. Only a Dr can tell for sure. It is frustrating I know. It took my about 10 Dr in 3 different cities before I was DX. (5 years) They made me feel like I was mental. After all. I was only 23 when I started seeing Drs. How can someone that young have problems like these. Good luck. I am praying they help you ALOT faster than they helped me. God Bless.
    Lisa