Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fungran, May 16, 2003.

1. fungran

fungran New Member

hello all this is the first time I have written on this site I read all messages everyday and am very thankful to all the information that I get here.

I would like to know if anyone can help me with how to find a Dr. we have just moved to Florida and I have no insurance. My husband is on Medicare for his disability but I can not get on it. I need to see a doctor because I am getting worse I have blurred vision and my memory is getting worse along with this darn Pain, I know all of you know where I am at with this pain.

I go to bed and wake up tired and about 4 hours of being up I am so tired that I need a nap. We walk everyday in our little town but if we walk any further I am down for 2 days or more.

Well hope someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

Soft Huggs to all
    Kathy
  2. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I dont live in Florida, but Mikie and others here do. I am sure they will be along soon to help you out. You may want to put what part of Florida you live in. GOOD LUCK!
  3. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

My family and I had to recently sign up with the healthcare system provided through our county hospital, due to no insurance. Some counties require a minimum time of residence, but most only require proof of permanent residence. They are usually kept extremely clean and are strictly regulated. We have received very courteous service and I have been well pleased with the medical treatment. Despite the fact that we are practically indigent, they have maintained a good level of care.

Anyway, it's a good resource. They are usually teaching hospitals, so there are an abundance of interested doctors and curious residents and interns. Also, if there is an Osteopathic Hospital in your area or a Seventh Day Adventist Hospital, you may want to check with them, too.

Wishng you well,
    Lane
  4. fungran

fungran New Member

Hello Lane,

I want to say thank you for your help and I will try those idea's.

Take Care
    Kathy
  5. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I forgot to mention that ours is set up much like an HMO, but our office visits and prescriptions are only a $5 copay and Well Woman visits are zero copay. An ER visit is $15 and a Hospital stay is a $50 copay.

I hope this is something you can find in your area.

Lane
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is such a large state; you didn't mention which part of Florida you live in. We do have members here from all over so perhaps if you could let us know, we could be of more help to you.

I live in SW Florida.

Love, Mikie
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

I hope someone here can help you. It's a really great group of people here.

I didn't see a profile on you, so I don't know your age. If you're anywhere near your late 30s or early 40s, chances are your vision could be something as simple as just needing glasses for closeup vision. Life sure changed for me when I realized that I was having a hard time seeing the TV guide! LOL

Good luck to both of you.

Kathy
  8. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi Kathy! Welcome!
    I also live in Florida. I don't know if you live anywhere near Tampa but my husband & i are going to a Fibromyalgia Program at the University Hospital in Tampa on Wednesday May 21st from 7-8:30. it is free and maybe there will be someone there that may be able to help you.
    Debbie