Please, I need prayers for my parents and for me right now.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jaltair, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I am requesting your prayers this Thursday for my parents and for me.

To make a long story short, the past month has been really hard and I’m in a terrible flare with my lupus and FMS. My Dad had surgery 3/22 and then had post-op problems; I’ve been at my parents helping my Mom care for my father. At times, it was total care. My parents are 84 and 85 and are both beautiful Christian people. My eyes have been opened to the real meaning of “role-reversal” through this past month.

My mother will be having a knee replacement at the end of May. She has been in terrible pain over this past month, several years ago she had her other knee replaced. Most likely and I’ll be at their home again to help in her care. My father is legally blind and can't drive or take his medications by himself, my mother has always done everything for him. He seems so helpless these days!

Please pray that my parents both regain physical and spiritual strength and that I maintain my physical and spiritual health through it all. This has all been very difficult. My strength is through the Lord, and He has helped me to this point …

L, Jeannette
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Jeanette,

I will be asking God to strengthen you and uplift you. Also, that your parents can be strong through this.

I admire you so very much for this love that you are giving your parents. It is difficult for a healthy person to take this on...but, for you it has to be so hard...with your health problems.
    I know because I had to take care of my mom...but it is so rewarding....even though there are days that we can hardly move.
    God must be smiling as he sees such love coming from you toward them!

With love......Mari
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Will surely be praying for your parents! They sound like such beautiful people.

Blessings to you and them.
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

This prayer is for both you and your parents, Jeannette....what a journey you are all on right now.

"The Lord is my strong tower;
    the righteous run to him and are safe."

Psalm 18: 1.....I think.

Love,
    Sue
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and you look like someone I would love to have coffee with! What a great picture....we're about the same age, although am a bit younger. You are my husband's age...!

Praying for you and your sweet smile...what a blessing you must be to your parents.

Sue
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayer Mari, Windblade, and Sue. I really appreciate the wonderful words. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all sit down and have a cup of coffee, or glass of iced tea here today? I would love it Sue!
    We are all so blessed to have each other, even in "cyberspace."

I think that the Lord is teaching me something right now; I've just come down with a terrible cold and didn't go in to work today and won't be able to go with Mom to her neuro appt tomorrow. Do you think that the Lord allows our bodies to take a hiatus through having a cold to get us to rest? I've been able to nothing today but sleep .. all day.

L, Jeannette
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You needed rest! A cold works. Yes, I do believe God uses these things to help us rest.

Just hope you're feeling better soon.

Sue
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Yes, my dear lady things work out for the best. You needed the rest and your body said that's enough.
    God is looking out for us.
    He knew that your body needed today off.

I hope that you will allow yourself to rest!

With love....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sure hope that you are feeling stronger today!

I wanted to tell you that I love your picture in your profile.

Mari
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've felt your love and prayers, and just need to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

My parents are doing so much better these days. My dad actually has finally overcome the post-op problems, and mom is going in to see her doctor. She will have her back taken care of before her knee, and the partial laminectomy will be an easier recovery than the knee surgery. The neurosurgeon told us that having that done will help her get through all the rigors of physical therapy after the knee surgery. My dad's accepted the fact that mom needs these surgeries. The knee surgery will be at least 3 months after she has her partial laminectomy.

I'm much more positive and rested now and feeling better. My virus of a cold is on the wane. I know that God will give me the strength to get through all of these things with my parents.

Praise God for His blessings through His people and their prayer!!

AMEN

Love, Jeannette
  11. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  12. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So pleased to see things are better for you and your parents.

There is power in prayer!

Love...Mari
  13. Jordane

Jordane New Member

So happy to see that things look brighter!!

Wish for you all,good health and happiness.

And the Lord shall provide!!

Jordane