Please .....I need your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lin21, May 18, 2004.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi,

I am reaching out to all of you to pray for me and my family. I was diagnosed with severe fibro in 11/02 and started my quest for disability in January '03. Most of my life is spent on my couch because of the crippling pain.
    I was denied twice and just went to my hearing in front of the judge and my lawyer told us in not so many words that I won and should have a check in 4-6 weeks. Instead I got a letter telling me they want me to see yet another one of "their" doctors . I have 7 doctors who have given their files and told them I am totally disabled including their own shrink but they keep denying me because I am in my 40's. I have worked since I was 16 and as my lawyer said "this is an open and shut case".
    But I cannot take anymore, financially and emotionally we are at the end of our ropes. My daughter has suffered the most .
    Please pray to Mother Mary for me.
    Thank you all,
    Lin
  2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

It is so frustrating having all the knockbacks that go with these illnesses, it's hard enough being ill, but to have to make ends meet as well.
    I will pray that God will get your disability sorted out really soon, so that you will not have that hanging over your head any longer.
    Linda.
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I understand and I am praying for you
    hang in there, you are not alone
    love lisa
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear your going through such a hard time trying to get your disability. If they could only walk a mile in our shoes, they would understand we don`t have the energy for this kind of run-around.

Praying that your disabilty will go through very shortly. Just keep hanging on, your almost there.

Sandy
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Thanks to every one of you, I don't know what I would do with out this board at times, it is always here for me in my darkest hours.
    That's what I say a person that doubts me should spend one day in my shoes .l
    Still no letter for the doctor's appt , hope it comes this week.
    thanks again,
    Lin
  6. Wingush

Wingush New Member

I know that it must be very difficult for you to get through this time.

My prayers r with u for a good outcome.
  7. caritas

caritas New Member

I know it's difficult now, and there seems to be no end to your suffering. I saw that you asked for prayers to Our Lady for you, and wanted to say that uniting yourself with her suffering (as co-redemptrix) on the Via Dolorosa and as her son hung on the cross, in your own prayers may help relieve your suffering. And putting yourself completely in God's hands. I don't want to say anything that may seem inapproriate, but I have found when there seems to be no way out, and no way you can even seem to lift yourself out of a dark place, that Our Lady will always intervene with sincere prayer, asked in this way and with total acceptance. That is the most difficult part of all. I will remember you during my rosary. Faith.... Ave Maria
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2004]
  8. lin21

lin21 New Member

I just want to let you all know where I stand at this point. Last week I had the doctor's appt. which took over a month for them to get me. it went well and the doctor said he is sending in a favorable report . It has only been a week , please pray that a check will come shortly, we are all at the end of our ropes and I don't know how much longer we can hang on.

Thanks to all of you,

Lin
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up. I know how hard it is with SSD. It took me three years from applying to being approved. Just hang in there and don't give up.

Love, Mikie
  10. dash

dash New Member

I'm praying that the Lord would remove any obstacles that would prevent you from receiving your disability check and that He would sustain you financially and emotionally until it arrives.

Della
  11. grge

grge New Member

I pray that God with all speed will intervene and your check will come today.
    Grge