PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE INFO ON THIS....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayfrey, Oct 15, 2002.

1. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

I have stomach problems past ulcer and digestive probs. I had to go to the ER on Tuesday AM my stomach hurt so bad that I was doubled over with pain. I was very nauseated). I couldn't lay on my back it hurt to bad so I had to lay perfectly still in the fetal position and that didn't help much. They did blood work and x-rays and said everything there looked fine. So I followed up with my Doc and he said it was stress. Has anyone ever had this, or something like it? I know that stress can do a number on your body!! My job may be killing me!! What to do, I HAVE to work!!!! We FMer's seem to have alot of tummy troubles!!

Thanks for any input!!!
    Kayfrey
  2. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

I have stomach problems past ulcer and digestive probs. I had to go to the ER on Tuesday AM my stomach hurt so bad that I was doubled over with pain. I was very nauseated). I couldn't lay on my back it hurt to bad so I had to lay perfectly still in the fetal position and that didn't help much. They did blood work and x-rays and said everything there looked fine. So I followed up with my Doc and he said it was stress. Has anyone ever had this, or something like it? I know that stress can do a number on your body!! My job may be killing me!! What to do, I HAVE to work!!!! We FMer's seem to have alot of tummy troubles!!

Thanks for any input!!!
    Kayfrey
  3. tes

tes New Member

have stomach problems as well. I don't know where your pain is exactly but mine really bothers me aroung the belly button area and across. Sometimes it hurts so bad I myself get into the fetal position. I also get alot of gas when it acts up. Again, like yourself they can't find anything wrong. I had an upper gi and it showed negative but I think I'm going to request an endoscopy.
    Please get back to me
    Tes
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Hi Kayfrey! I'm new on here also, but
    want to ask if you take any NSAID
    medication for your FM? Like; Ibuprofen, Aleeve, Viccodin,etc., not sure of all but you could research it easily enough. There are several and a couple are used for Arthritis "and" FM, even though the conditions are not very similar. I know several people who have developed ulcers and other stomach problems from these medications, including my daughter and myself,it is their main side
    effect. One lady who is close to me
    has just a portion of her stomach
    lining and esophogus(sp?) left undamaged due to years of use of these things.
  5. debrastets

debrastets New Member

I have IBS ! and stress realy tears it up! I have to take meds for that Also! It alone is a bad problems and when under stress it goes wild! Talk to your doctor about it! It will also cause bowel problems!
  6. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Kayfree

If you've had ulcers before I would highly recommend you urge your doctor to conduct an endoscopy (tube down throat).

It is my understanding this is the most effective test in determining ulcers and/or h pylori bacteria.

When my ulcer (in duedonom sp?) flares I chew Pepto Bismol tablets every 4 hours. When, I was dx in 90 with h pylori -I drank the liquid Pepto 3 to 4 Tablespoons every 4 hours.

Gentleness
  7. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

that my mother went to the hospital today because of stomach pains, diareaha (sp), and nausea. She came back having gallstones and needs to have her gallbladder removed. Don't know if you had that checked out. Just a thought.