Please join me in prayer for my son (cont'd)

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Marta608, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

12/25/06: Please continue with your prayers. He's still having problems. Thank you.

Marta

Some of you may remember that my youngest son visited me in October. It was a wonderful time. Sons are always special but he's been particularly dear since his near-fatal auto accident in 1989.

When he got back to California he was discovered to have a fractured C-5 vertebrae, probably from the old accident, that was making his right hand numb. He was also having a lot of anxiety and insomnia. His doctor sent him to a neurologist who prescribed Provigil! Of course, he hasn't slept well since beginning it even though he reduced the dose and cut out coffee. Mutter, mutter.....

Recently he got a slight cough. He assumed it was allergies and the children (three, ages 5, 4 and 2 1/2) also had coughs so they thought little of it. Last week he thought he had the flu with fever, chills and light-headedness. He finally went to the doctor who told him he had bi-lateral pneumonia.

Yesterday I heard that his wife had taken him to the ER during the night because he couldn't breath. They have him on IV antibiotics and this morning they're doing a CT scan to see if he also has a blood clot in one lung.

Needless to say I'm distraught, exhausted and very concerned. I do believe that God knows our needs, even before we ask, but it would be a comfort if you would join me in thanking Him for Doug's complete healing.

Thank you so much.

Marta

[UPDATE: They released him from the hospital this evening! No matter that his HMO wanted to quit paying for him. He has a long way to go but he's better. Thanks be to God and good people like you.]

[This Message was Edited on 12/25/2006]
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Have started praying for Doug, for his healing, for wisdom and correct diagnosis from his doctors. And for his wife, children, and for you.

Will be glad to keep praying for him, Marta- also tonight is prayer night. There is a special thread for requests, to gather in more prayers.

With love,
    Judy
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you so much, Judy. I appreciate all prayers.

Marta
  4. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Heavenly Father,
    I just lift up Marta's son to You right now. I pray that you would give him strength, comfort, and courage for the long road ahead. You never promised the narrow way would be easy, but You have promised to never leave us alone. I just pray that this whole family would sense Your presence and that they would be willing to be vulnerable and honest with you and with each other. I know that You are big enough to handle any emotion, situation or problem. We can talk to You about anything day or night. If we are in Christ, we can come boldly into Your presence any time we choose. What an incredible privlege that is. Lord, I pray that you would take away her son's anxiety and enable him to get a good, restful night's sleep. I also pray that You would give the doctor's wisdom and enable them to find and carryout the right treatment.

I pray that if there is a clot in the lung, that You would dissolve it. I also pray for his other health issue. No matter how much we are hurting (whether physical or emotional) You are always there with us. You feel our pain and will comfort us.

I also pray that You would help Marta to surrender her son to you. Help her to trust You even in the midst of so many unanswered questions, struggles and problems. Help her to trust You to do what's best for her son. I thank you for her faith and I pray that you would use this situation to bless her and her son and to bring glory to Name. I pray that you would bring comfort, and unity to this entire family during this incredibly difficult time. I ask all this, in Jesus' Name, Amen
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Beautiful. Thank you.

Marta
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you, Pam. I've heard nothing since yesterday morning so I'm trusting that no news is good news.

Marta
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I hope that when you hear, there is news on the positive side. All this sounds serious and having problems at holiday time magifies everything.

Please include my prayers.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Not good news yet but I have faith.

He's frustrated and upset; he so wants to be home for Christmas and to help with the children but here is no way he can do that.

My DIL called me in tears and we decided that we need another opinion, that Doug needs something to help him sleep and to relax during the day and that they must find a babysitter for next week whenever Doug comes home so Susan can work.

Boy, it's hard to watch your kids go though so much and not be able to help.

Thank you for continued prayers.

Marta
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry to hear about your son's situation, i'm glad your faith is holding up for you.

Praying for his healing.

Misty
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you, Misty.

Marta
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thinking of you and your son and his family. The children are so young! It sounds like a good idea for him to have something to help him sleep, and rest. It's so hard for him to be away from his wife and children now, but the most important thing is for him to rest and heal.

Will keep praying. I'm so sorry for all that you're going through.

Judy
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you, and please continue your prayers. Yesterday was an especially bad day. My DIL called in tears and I thought my heart would stop when I heard her because I thought the worst. She was just overly tired, worried and not knowing what to do. (Of course I told her....;>) Seriously, sometimes don't we all want someone wiser to say, Try this, regardless of our faith? I know I do. That's one reason I value the support on this board so much.

Anyway, I'm looking for better news today.

Thank you God and friends.

Marta
  13. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Keeping Doug and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Hugs,
    Carolin