Please keep my husband in your prayers....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Luann53051, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

Once again, he was with a friend today that questioned his faith. Over the past few months, my husband, children, and I have grown so much spiritually. It has been a wonderful journey, and I am happy (and downright GIDDY!!) to say that I have found salvation!

My husband is a little slower in his journey. He is walking with me, and the Lord, but isn't where I am at. Which, is why I get nervous when his friends question his beliefs--with questions like "why are you going to church?? For an example for your kids?" Or, when they just question religion in general.

Pray that my husband continues with his spiritual journey. Part of it is, we are new to this area, and I have met many wonderful Christian woman friends. My husband (I can tell) is a little lonely for some friendship of his own--with positive Christian men. I fear that, these few non-believing friends he does have will turn him away from the Lord, because my husband is so yearning for friends. Please pray that good friends come into his life. Friends that are positive people. They do not have to believe what we do, but they shouldn't criticize what we believe or practice either.

Thanks to you all, and God Bless all of you!

Hugs,
    Luann
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Luann,

I'll be praying to the Lord that he reaches out his hand to your husband and leads him closer to the Lord and continues to strengthen his faith. MNay the Lord also give you the peace and confort that he has everything under control.

Danny
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers up for you tonite as you requested. May you and your husband stay strong in your beliefs and find some good friends that will help your spiritual growth not hinder it.

God bless you too,
    Sandyz
  4. FibroJudy36

FibroJudy36 New Member

I will also be praying for your husband..........Blessings to you and your family, Judy
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can understand completely, had the same problem for awhile when my husband was first saved. But now he is a tremendous witness for the Lord, yours will be too.

Will be praying for the Lord to send Christian friends his way, and that those who are questioning him now, that the Lord will lead him to give them the reason for his beliefs.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I had the same problem when I was first married. the most difficult lesson i learned was to place my husband in God's hands and trust that God will work in his own time and not mine.

As far as your husband's friends go, I would not worry to much. God may be preparing your husband for something special and is giving him lessons in defending his faith. Also, your husband may very well be the person that leads these people to Christ. (i just got a huge chill all over my body after I finished writing that)

i agree that you and your husband need common christian friends and I will pray that God sends the perfect friends your way.

I do not know why this thought came to mind but.....
    Be still and know that I God.

God Bless

Yesh

7. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I will pray for your hubby too. It is hard to find good positive friends sometimes. I am still going through this. Seems like the old friends just don't understand or either don't want to understand! They can't accept that you have changed and say some very negative things sometimes.
    Lisa
  8. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

And please keep praying. Yesterday, my husband contacted our church to join a men's bible study, so that is good. It is a first step to continue to learn and grow closer to the Lord, and to meet some positive friends.

Keep the great prayers coming. God Bless You All!

Hugs,
    Luann
  9. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

to fall upon this man and that the holy spirit will work a miracle in his life and the life of this family.

I pray that he would be planted in the house of the Lord and he shall flourish in the courts of our God. Than he shall bear fruit in his old age' that he shall be fresh and flourishing, to declae that the Lord is upright.
    In Jesus name we pray