Please keep my husband in your thoughts today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, Feb 2, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Good morning everyone! It's 6:45 AM here in Western NY. In 2 hours and 15 minutes my husband will be going before a judge to determine if his Social Security Disability - due to Cushing's Syndrome - will be approved. We started this process 3 years ago and it has really sucked the life out of us.

Our attorney said I can go as far as the courtroom doors with my husband - but then I have to wait in the hall. Kinda makes me angry as I have been by his side since day one. There were times I had to answer questions and fill out forms because he just didn't have the cognitive strength to do it.

I think this whole thing has a small part in why I am now on short-term disability from my job - due to a severe fibro flare and lower back pain. I think the stress finally just got a hold of my body and hasn't let go. It's been great fun around here the last 6 weeks with my husband making no money and me getting New York State disability. They're not very generous!! :)

OK......enough of that. Have good day everyone.
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I will keep you both in my prayers today. It sounds like you need a break from all the stress. I hope all goes well for your husband. It really is too bad that you cannot go in with him. I know I'd want to be there with my husband and I'd certainly need him there with me.

Take care of yourself today too. Fibro is so painful, even on a "good" day (whatever a good fibro day is!). :) GB66

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Sounds like you have a good attorney, no need to feel a bit angry waiting in the hall.
    You may need to testify so waiting in the hall is a good thing.

Hope all goes well today for you and your Husband.
    Prayers and good thoughts are with you.
  4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I hope all goes well for you guys. This is no fun, I know. I hope, too, your Fibro lets up and you can get some rest. Stress can do alot to our bodies. I'll be thinking of you.

5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

got this too late to pray for the actual meeting, but I hope that it went well
  6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

When will you know something? I found out right after my hearing...

God bless,