Please keep praying

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Dec 11, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

for Cammie, his little family, my hubby and me. I appreciate your prayers so much.

I will answer the individual posts that I can find in my brain-foggy state.

My DH is going to help his SIL put down that floating floor and paint it so it will be done when Cammie gets out of the hospital hopefully next week. They are going to paint it to match his new LazyBoy. My hubby isn't that handy so I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house. :) When there are problems, he, like most men I think, likes to be able to "do" something, anything, even if they can't fix it.

I think everybody has gotten over the shock of the news that another brother is dying and are dealing with what has to be done.

I am asking for prayers that he does not linger for 7 months like both his brother and sister did when they were dying. He has already suffered and wants this to be over with quickly.

Thank you all for being there.
    Love, Pepper
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Done. I wish there was some way I could come and help you. I can "stupervise" with the best of them. Stupervising is like splainin lol. Trying to make you smile. Please don't give up the faith. We love you. Anything you need just holler. Remember you are not alone. I don't know if I will get in trouble for this or not but here goes. If you go to Gospel Greeting Christian Cards. The second one on the list, click on it and go to Inspirational and click on the one that is a beach that says Cast all your care and turn up your speakers. Your name isn't on it. If you look carefully you will see Nancy and I and you on the beach lol. Blessings and much love and hugs are sent your way.
    Love ya
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2006]
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You know my prayers are with you and your family and your BIL. I have been praying that the time they do have together will be a very special time of drawing close and pray they have some precious time together.

I am praying for strength and freedom from pain for you. I am sorry this is short tonight but I am just wiped out and need a vacation badly at this point.

Take care and now we are all lifting you up.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers. I went to the Inspirational music, Cath, and it is lovely. Thanks for suggesting I go there. I think I saw us all on the beach and I'm sure we all lost weight. :)

I am exhausted tonight. I guess this will be an up and down road for awhile.

We are going to see Cam tomorrow if he will let us to find out who he wants to see. All his brothers and sisters are anxious to see him but I don't think that he wants to see them. I think that he is afraid that his very religious sister will try to 'convert' him before he dies. She is having a hard time because she wants him to find the Lord and he seems determined not to.

I guess the only thing that I can do is pray. Someone suggested (Pam, I think) that we pray for a person when s/he is sleeping. That makes so much sense to me and I am going to try to do that.

Thanks for being there.

Love, Judy
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

and I guess it illustrates that men have to "do" something when things are beyond their control. I can see why you love this man. I especially love that he brought his mom to see his finished project. That is so sweet.

When my DH's other brother was given his terminal cancer dx, he came over here that very day and helped my hubby build a deck around our hot tub. Another example of this male thing I guess. My DH even mentioned that project in his eulogy.

Hammering the nails to express his anger was a healthy way to deal with his emotions. Unfortunately my hubby has started smoking again after quitting (again) after his sister died in October. Not a healthy way to deal with all this, especially since all three of his siblings who will have died were smokers. I am so worried about him smoking again.

My hubby is a tender soul too - a great big Teddy Bear and I understand how hard this is on him but I wish that he would start finishing the basement or something rather than smoke!

His freelancing work will be finished today until after Christmas, so he is going to have a lot of time on his hands. He will be busy helping his SIL for awhile. Than I will suggest other projects! Maybe it would be therapeutic.

Thank you for sharing, Pam.
    Love, Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Prayers for you and your family, I can assure you none of us would want to be wearing your shoes right now. May the Lord sustain you, and hold your hand through all you face.
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

We definetely have lost weight lying on the beach lol.
    I hope I don't sound morbid or offend you about your bil.
    I just want to encourage you.
    It doesn't matter how determined he is not to become a Christian. I am going to ask God to send someone He trusts to talk to him.
    Anyways. Maybe I watched too much Touched By an Angel. I believe that the Lord comes that one last time before a person passes and gives them a final chance. Anyways. When my mom was dying she was unconscious. We went in individually to say our good byes. I am the only Christian in my family. I told her to reach out to Jesus that He was here. She opened her eyes and smiled at me and passed a few hours later. So what I am trying to say is you never know when God will show up. Praying for him while he sleeps is a great idea or for a Christian night nurse. Good to hear you are ok. Still checking up on you.
    Love ya
    Cath
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

that people die only when they are ready and I think that some are waiting for guidance. I have a similar story. My mom was given 24 hrs to live in the hospital. Her kidneys had shut down from the cancer but she lived three weeks! The wonderful staff fed her and took good care of her but said that it was incredible that she lived so long - but that she would only go when she was ready.

Wednesdays were special for my Mom because she used to go to Novenas on Wed. night. So on a Wed. night in the hospital, I said the Rosary aloud to her, telling her that it was Wed., trying so hard not to cry. When I finished, I stood behind her so she couldn't see me sobbing even though she wasn't responding to anything at that point. I could see a tear roll down her cheek. So I am sure that she heard me. She died a few hours later. Whatever she was waiting for must have happened then. I am so grateful for that.

(I have watched every episode of Touched by an Angel so many times too! :)

The oldest girl in my hubby's family is the family "angel". She shows up when anyone is dying and regards helping them pass over as a wonderful privilege. She has helped dozens of people pass over including her sister in October. She is not pushy with her religion and I would love to have her with me when it is my time. She is such a calming presence.

Cam does not want her to come and she is devastated by this. But that is his choice. He came home from the hospital today and my DH set up a hospital bed in the livingroom for him. He is extremely weak and is still losing weight. He doesn't want anyone visiting him and he said that he wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and he'll send an email after Christmas. I don't think he will make it to Christmas. He has that death mask on his face.

My hubby spent the evening passing this message on to family all over the U.S. and Canada. It has been a very sad evening. One of his brothers, divorced and alone, asked if he could come up for a visit because he needs to be with family. I just checked the email and he is coming for Christmas!!!! Oh dear!!!!! This brother can out-talk my husband and there are few people in this world who can do that.

Now I am going to ask for prayers for me!! I love this guy dearly but he wears me out. I can't imagine him here for Christmas dinner with my kids and their "girls", my legally blind sister and my deaf 82 yr old aunt. I am having heart palpitations just thinking about it. Then again, I should probably rent a video camera.

Thanks for being there, Cath. We are hoping that the end comes soon. This poor guy has suffered enough.
    Love, Judy
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you for your prayers. I am going to need them with the invasion of inlaws. If you read what I just posted to Cath, you can get an idea of at least one visitor I am going to have in the next week or so. I will need prayers for strength.

Cam is home where he wants to be surrounded by his loving wife and two terrific kids. He told my DH that he isn't going to make it and is trying to come to terms with it.

Family are making plans to come after Christmas. For everyone's sake I hope that he isn't around by then.

This is so sad especially at this time of year. Thanks for praying.
    Love, Pepper
  10. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

My heart is heavy for you and your family. It is so sad that this has to happen at this time of year. I pray that Cam doesn't suffer anymore. I pray that the Lord will meet him at his point of need.

I have been praying for you and now thinking you will have an unexpected guest for Christmas will be another specific prayer for you as well. I can just imagine how you are feeling. I am on stress overload right now and can at least identify with those feelings. The sadness of the situation on top of the stress is just way too much, but the Lord is a big God and He will get you through even though you may not feel like you can stand one more thing.

I hope when the Holidays are over that you will have a long stretch of rest and piece. That sandy beach is waiting for us and yes, we will all be thin on that beach. That may take some great creative imagining for me but any thing is possilbe in our thoughts, right eh?

Take care my friend and know you are thought of and prayed for often. Have you considered ear plugs? LOL

Love,
    Nancy
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

Stress overload is right. I can only imagine what it is like trying to teach this week. I haven't really been keeping up with the board this past week and don't know if you have mentioned when you are finished for the holidays.

We are trying to keep a positive light on things but that will become more difficult when my other BIL arrives on Christmas Eve (for a whole week). He has never come "home" for Christmas before so it will be poignant for him and us because we are all aware of why he will be here.

I pray that Cam's pain is over soon. He keeps having reactions to the various meds the doctors try and thus the pain is not being managed as it should be. He desperately wants it to be over. I don't think he is ready to die yet but he does want to be rid of the pain and the weakness. I wish that he would permit his oldest sister to visit. She would be a comfort to him and help him pass over peacefully. So far he has said no. I hope that he changes his mind.

I am looking forward to this all being over. Maybe January, 2007 will be the changing month in my life. January, 1993 was the month I got sick so perhaps 14 yrs later I will get a break. Cam will have passed on peacefully, all my visitors will have come and gone and my DH will be happily working at his new job!

And, if I hadn't discovered gluten-free fruitcake and gluten-free sugar cookies, I would be as slim as I visualize us on that beach! :) I know, I know, stay away from the sugar. I am into comfort food right now.

Thanks for your continuing prayers, Nancy. We all need them right now. What can I pray for in your life? Strength to continue your two full-time jobs. Anything else?

Love, Judy
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you so much for being there and praying. I am exhausted. Christmas is exhausting for everybody, more so for people who are sick I have discovered in the last 14 yrs. More so for people who are stressed I have discovered more often than I would care to.

It will be extra stressful having my other BIL here for a week but it is the compassionate, Christian thing to do. I heard my DH on the phone with him the other night. Pam, it was heartbreaking to hear these two guys sobbing. This BIL was very close to the sister who died in October so this is especially hard on him.

He lives thousands of miles away in the southern U.S. and is on his own. He had planned on spending Christmas with friends as usual. When he got this news, he told my DH that he is realizing in his "old age" how important family is. He said that maybe some people don't get thirsty until the well is running dry. Then he asked if there was room for him at our Christmas table.

Selfishly, I was hoping that he would change his mind and come either before or after Christmas. But I am trying to put a positive light on it - good for my hubby and for this big-hearted brother-in-law.

He needs to be around family right now and I am glad that we are able to help him out, even though it will be hard for me. I think that perhaps my DH needs to have the support of a brother here too. He has had to handle on his own so many people being sick and dying that at least he will have some support here for a week.

We discussed last night how to minimize the stress for me and he promised to take him out for breakfast every morning and then do errands. He is going to take him to a hockey game and to some other events so I will get some alone time. My sister and best friend have been warned that I may have to escape there too.

My hubby plans on taking this brother to see Cam if his wife says that it is okay.

I suggested that my hubby tell his "angel sister" to come. She is planning on coming in January but that may be too late.

I do not understand either how they cannot control his pain. The idea was that he would not come home until the pain was controlled but he had bad reactions to almost everything they tried and sent him home anyhow.

I am so glad to know that there are friends out there thinking about us and praying. I can feel the support.

Thanks so much.
    Love, Judy

[This Message was Edited on 12/16/2006]
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

That sounds like a good idea. I think that we have a pair of headsets somewhere but I never use them. Maybe this will be the time.

I would love to have a little holiday to look forward to! I love going to Lake Placid in the winter and staying right on Mirror Lake and walking around the little village. I am going to suggest to my hubby that we think about that - after the funeral.

I hope that you are doing okay.
    Love, Pepper
  14. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you for thinking of me. :)

My hubby and I don't know what to do about telling his family to come or not. It is such a stress. Cammie has made it clear that he is too weak to talk to anyone right now and he will supposedly email them after Christmas.

Those of them who are in a position of coming have asked if they should come. My DH is frustrated because he wants to tell them that "He's dying! Of course you should come!" But what if they go to the trouble and expense of flying here and Cammie won't see them?

His oldest sister plans on coming in January but we don't know if he will still be around then. On the other hand, maybe that would be perfect timing and she could help him pass.

My DH did a CD of his sister's funeral. He's an audio guy and has done CD's of his brother's and his sister's funerals. His oldest sister spoke at the funeral about what she told her in her dying days.

She told her sister that she would soon be seeing the light of Christ and feel surrounded by His love. That she would understand things that she never dreamed that she would be able to understand. That the pain would be gone and she would feel better than she ever thought possible while on earth. She is so calm and peaceful herself that I am sure that her sister couldn't help but feel that peace.

I would love for Cammie to feel some of that peace and positivity. I have been thinking about why he would be so unwilling to share this part of his life with his siblings. The only thing I can think of is that his life has spun out of control in a matter of 4 months. He has no control over the pain, his nausea, his rapid weight loss, his appearance, his impending death. But he does have control over who comes into his house. Maybe that is one factor.

I hope that he changes his mind before it is too late.

Thanks for your support, Pam.
    Love, Judy
  15. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I am praying for you and your family during this most troubling storm...for peace, comfort {food} too,lol and that maybe if everyone showed up on their door step, it is worth a try...if they don't let anyone in maybe start caroling songs...
    My heart is deeply sadden for all and I will pray for dear Cammie in having a change of heart on seeing people and most of all for a visit to his heart from the Lord!

Praying for strength for all through this storm,
    webby

16. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I have nothing to add, but i have read, and want you to know Jesus is with you and your family in all this.

I just attended a funeral friday, of a dear sweet man who also passed away from cancer at 68. His wife , who preaches, is the one who dedicated my last born son to the Lord.

There is sadness in my heart, but also joy in knowing he is with Jesus. He fought really hard, but a minister
    who prays for healing, stated, that when he saw Jesus he wasn't going to want to stay any longer.

Sorry, i guess i had more to say than i thought! My prayer is for your BIL, Cammie, to recieve Jesus in his heart.

Amen!
  17. pepper

pepper New Member

It is comforting to know that you are praying for Cam to accept Jesus into his heart before he dies. That would be such a gift for him. I hope that he comes to realize it.

Thanks for praying that we have the strength to get through this too.

Love, Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2006]