Please Keep Us In Your Prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hippo, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I don't post on this forum too often, but you guys have been great to me in the past. I have CFS/FM, and my husband is divorcing me. I have been disabled for 20 years, and he is claiming that there is nothing wrong with me. I have 6 letters from 6 different doctors attesting to my symptoms and my disability, but I am now told that the judge will not give any weight to these letters. Apparently you need cold, hard PROOF, like a blood test, X-ray, MRI or something very tangible. I have no such proof at this time. I am scrambling around to try to get some kind of tests done that the judge will accept, but I am really having a hard time coping. I am sick and I have 3 daughters with medical problems. My Ex is consumed with rage and wants to cut us off with as little as possible as soon as possible. If you have time, please say a prayer for us. Thank you.

Hippo

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have enough problems as it is, but to be treated like this by the one who is supposed to stand by us is the worst kind of deception and pain. Has this man been in therapy? Sounds to me like he could use it. How could anyone want to be the kind of person who would treat his children like this?

My prayers are for you and your children and I am asking God to lead your ex to his senses.

Love, Mikie
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thank you for your comments. My Ex has had a little bit of therapy, but not enough that would make a difference. He has what is called a Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which is characterized by extreme self-righteousness and denial, coupled with lack of conscience or empathy. As you can imagine, dealing with such a person is a nightmare.

Hippo
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be glad to pray for you and your children.

I have had experience in my family with the type of person your husband is, but both are women.

They love themselves so much, there just isn't room for any other feelings for others. I call this Sociopathic Personality, It is more common in men than women, but I had the misfortune to see this in two woman. A sister in law, and a daughter in law.

The strange thing to me, it that they can be soooo convincing that others are 'wrong' and they are 'right' in any given circumstance. They 'must' come up 'smelling like a rose' no matter who they have to stomp to get to their goal. Sound familiar?

Will surely be praying for you, and whoever is judging your case that they see through him, and the truth is seen and not the lie.

Do let us know how you are doing..........

God bless.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thank you for your message. Yes, my Ex is exactly as you are describing. The problem is not so much the judge seeing through him as it is getting her to believe me. Apparently the judges have seen so many cases of malingering that they assume you are faking unless you have real concrete proof of illness. In the case of our illnesses, it can sometimes be very difficult to provide tangible proof.

Hippo
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I appreciate the support. I will keep you up to date on the progress of my divorce.

Hippo