please keep us in your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by laura3951, Sep 18, 2007.

1. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

hi all i usually post on the arthritis board but i am in need of some prayers, my husband is out of work, we are not alone in this i know but with 3 children and me with ra we are looking at losing our home that i have had for 20 years no savings he has applied for 46 different poitions but in a bad econamy an a college town flooded with people eager to work for nothing there is nothing .i pray daily but feel like giving up. thanks to you all missy
  2. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I am praying for your family right now.
    Lord, I bring this family to you at this moment with their financial and health problems. You already know their situation, but I petition for them in your name to help them to know what to do. Lord I pray that a job would be found for the husband. I pray that something would be worked out that they will notlose their house of 20 yrs.
    I also pray for Laura with the RA. I understand what sheis going through since I have it also. All the stress she is under will only make it worse. Strengthen her body and give her a peace that surpasses all other peace. A peace that she knows things will work out. Father, I pray all this in your name. Amen.

You might want to keep in constant contact with your mtg. co. because of the way things are right now with all the foreclosures, they really don't want your house. Try to see if they will work something out with you like a forebearance agreement which will put what you owe at a later date. See if you can refinance and get payments lower. You would be surprised to see how much they willwork with you, but the key is to stay in touch with them.

I will be praying for you family daily, not just today.
    Keep me informed of what's going on.

God Bless and Gentle Hugs,
    Mimi
  3. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

Laura3951, I will be praying for you and just want you to know that God is still here for you. Please don't give up. I know that you feel like it but please just place your life and your family's lives in Gods hands and under His protection. Sometimes we hit rock bottom and don't see any hope in sight and He will bring something about that we really never imagined possible.

I have been where you are before and I know that God is still on the throne and still answering prayers and taking care of His children. Just put your hand in His and He will lead you where you need to be. I don't have enough room to even begin to give you examples of how God has led me through tough times, losing my home, having no money at all, having nothing but the clothes on my back and how He in His mercy led me and provided for me.

Please do not be afraid to ask for help! I am sure in your city there are some type of organizations that could help you with some of your needs. I will pray that the Lord will show you where to go and what to do.

As Mimimurch4 said, you need to contact your mortgage company and explain the situation to them. I know that this is a hard and scary thing to do but I will pray that God will open the right doors and give you the right person to speak with at the mortgage/bank. I will pray that God will provide just the right job for your husband.

Please just know that there are people lifting you up daily and that we care about you and your family.

With continued prayer and love,

Cheryl888881
  4. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

Just wanted to touch base with you this AM and let you know that I have been praying for you and your family. I hope that today will be a little brighter for you.

Please let me know how you are doing in the coming days.

Gentle Hugs,

Cheryl888881
  5. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for your family This AM. You have been in my thoughts all day yesterday and took your problems to our Lord several times yest. and well as early this morning.

Any updates yet?

Please also check out any special programs in the area that will assist in food and other things. In our area there is a Catholic Charity that will help with your electric bill. Things like that. Check into getting food stamps. I know this is not things you want or like to do at all, but sometimes we have to do things we don't like to to get over this bad time in our lives. It is only temporary, remember this. God loves you and your family and will take care of you. It can be through these special programs. Take advantage of them. Then someday you too, can help someone else in need.

Please keep me updated so I will know how to pray for you.

I really care for your family and what is going on. I know and believe that God will take care of you. I am claiming it!

Love in Christ,
    Mimi
  6. laura3951

laura3951 New Member

thank you all sooo much, sorry i havent chcked back i had registration for college and all that goes with that, my wonderful mother paid my books and tuition as a education will open doors for us only years away!i do feel like giving up but i have chlidren and they need a mom so i wont, i know prayer works and thats why i asked for your help.we got food stamps and medicaid for the children i also signed up for a work study program at school to aid in my sons daycare.i will be in school or working 25 hours a week plus the at home work and cutting hair at night and on weekends. i feel overwhelmed. my husband has decided to take whatever he can get even with a degree it may only be 9 dollars an hour but....let me know if there is anything i can pray for for you i will anyway but something specific. mimi we have spoken before on the ra board so hello agian.. missy
    oh thanks for the suggestions we have already been in the food stamp program for some months since he lost his business 3 months ago.i am not to proud to ask for help but i feel we should be doing all we can no matter how hard that is why i decided this summer to finish my degree.[This Message was Edited on 09/21/2007]
  7. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

It was good to hear from you. I will continue to pray for you and your family each and every day. You sound a little better and I am glad that you are doing everything you can to survive. You are going in the right direction just don't give up. It is extremely hard, especially because of the children, I know. I know that God will give you all the strength you need to get through this very trying time.

May God continue to bless you all and keep you safe in his arms.

Gentle Hugs,

Cheryl888881